~05~

Thomas and Aris rush through the vents to Thomas's room. He threw the vent open and quickly pulls himself out of the vents.

"Thomas!" Minho shouted, jumping up from the bed he and Winston were sat on.

"We gotta go!" Thomas yells, grabbing a sheet from one of the bunks. "We gotta go right now!"

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Minho shouted at him again as the boys moved over to him.

"What do you mean we got to go?" Newt asked, not shouting like Minho.

"They're coming. Come on!"

The boys yelled over each other as Thomas began tying the sheet around the door handle.

"Paige is alive." Thomas said, but it wasn't loud enough for them to hear over each other.

"What happened?" Fry asked, turning to Aris, "Aris what happened?!" But Aris just stood there in a confused daze as he thoughts were focused fully on Jade.

"Thomas, can you just calm down and talk to us!" Newt yelled over everyone.

"She's still alive." Thomas repeated louder this time as he focused on tying the sheet around the door tightly.

"Whos she?" Winston asked,"Teresa?"

"Ava."

"Ava?" Newt repeated. "Will you just turn around and talk to us?" His voice was filled with desperateness and anger.

"It's Wicked!" Everyone fell silent,"Its still Wicked. it's always been Wicked!"

Thomas ran over to the bed, grabbing the mattres off and pushing past them all to slam it against the door. "Thomas." Newt put his hand by Thomas's head, trying to get him to calm down and speak.

Slowly, he turned his head to look at him,"What did you see?"
________________

Janson had already made his way to their room. He noticed something was wrong straight away. He pushed the door open, getting stopped by the sheet that was holding the door closed.

He moved out the way so one of the guards could barge down the door. Once in Janson saw, the room was fully empty. In frustration, he kicked the mattress slightly across the floor.
__________________________

They rushed through the vents again, Thomas threw the vent open and ran a little bit down the corridor to see if it was clear. Once he was sure it was fine, he ran back to the vent,"Come on, come on."

The gladers ran out one by one until they were all out,"Okay, lets go. Let's go." Thomas says, taking the lead.

"You guys go ahead, I have something to i need to do." Aris says, standing by the vent.

"What?" Thomas and the other gladers walk back over to him.

"Trust me, it's important. You wanna get out of here, right? Just go!" Aris gets back into the vent.

The gladers turn to run with Thomas, but Winston stops them,"I'll go with him!" He says following Aris.

"Yeah, okay! Go, Winston!" Thomas says, starting to run down the hall.

"Are you sure we can trust this kid?" Minho speaks up.

"Trust me, you dont want to know where wed be without him."

They take a sharp turn, one of the doctors - Dr. Crawford stops when they go around the corner. "What are you kids doing out?" She asks suspiciously.

An alarm starts blaring in the background, alerting everyone in the building, including Jade. Thomas grabs the doctor, continuing down the hall.
___________________________