~06~

They ran all the way from that door to the doors they had arrived through.

Thomas pulled a red lever that pulled open to reveal the sandy wasteland.

The group ran up the sande dune, trying to get away. "Get down! Get down!" Thomas whisper yells.

They all get down and hide behind the sand dunes as guards spill out of the building, looking for them. The guards run around as some more guards drive out on quad bikes. For a moment, they watched before Thomas glanced back at them. "Alright, stay low, but go!" He whispers, yells again, starting to lead them away from the building,

The sand whipping around clouds their vision as they run forward. Teresa was running in front of everyone,"Teresa, hang on. Stay together!" Thomas yelled to her, but she ignored him and carried on running.

"I think we lost them!" Minho yells to everyone.

"Keep going, guys. Let's go." Thomas runs to stay by Teresa but also close enough so the rest of the group will hear him.

Teresa runs down to a building that is half covered by the sand. She felt around on the windows, trying to find an entrance.

"Watch out! Where are we even going?" Minho yells to Thomas as they help the others down without falling.

"Come on, Aris! Come on." Thomas yelled. Jade grabbed Aris's arm to pull him down with the others.

"Over here!" Minho yells.

They all stare down into the broken glass window with sand, making a hill down into the building. Teresa began making her way in trying to get the others to follow her.

"Teresa, wait! No, dont go in there!" Thomas reached for her, but she had already gone too far in.

"Get down here!"

Everyone stepped through the window as fast as they could and slid down the pile of sand into the new building. No lights are on making it almost impossible for them to see. Jade stood next to Minho before she tapped him on the shoulder, pointing to his backpack.

He quickly takes it off and searches around in it, pulling out a flashlight and turning it on. He points it around, making sure they are alone,"Where the hell are we?" Minho asks, pointing the flashlight to the middle of the group.

"We gotta go." Thomas says, ignoring him and starting to walk further into the building, gesturing for them to follow.

"No, Thomas, stop!" Teresa yells. He stops and looks at her,"Tell me what's going on."

"It's Wicked. They lied to us, we never escaped." Thomas says, trying to explain. "Me and Aris found bodies. There are too many to count."

"What do you mean, bodies?" Minho asks, concerned. "Like dead bodies?"

"No, but they weren't alive either." He says, shaking his head slightly. "They had them strung up, tubes coming out of them. They were being.. they were being drained. There's something inside of us that Wicked wants. Something in our blood, so we have to get away from them as possible."

"Okay." Newt says with a nod. "Whats your plan?" Thomas says, silent,"You do have a plan, right?"

"Yeah, i dunno." Thomas replies quietly.

Jade hits Aris's arm,"I told you to plan it out!"

"Well, we followed you out here, thomas, and now you're saying you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing?!" Newt starts walking towards Thomas, anger rising in his voice as he ignores Jade and Aris's small bickering.