Mending Broken Wings (requested) - Part 1

The shrill sound of the stadium's buzzer pierced the air, signaling the end of the game. As the players rushed off the field, a hush fell over the crowd, all eyes trained on a motionless figure lying in the center of the turf.

Travis's heart leapt into his throat as he recognized the familiar golden hair and petite frame of his beloved, Taylor. Without a moment's hesitation, he sprinted towards her, his cleats pounding against the grass as pure panic coursed through his veins.

"Taylor!" he cried, dropping to his knees beside her prone form. "Tay, can you hear me?"

Taylor's eyes fluttered open, her gaze hazy with pain. "Trav...is?" she managed to croak, her voice barely audible.

The medical staff rushed to her side, their urgent voices blending with the deafening silence that had fallen over the stadium. Travis grasped Taylor's hand, his grip firm yet trembling.

"I'm right here, Tay. Just hold on, okay? You're going to be alright," he murmured, his words laced with desperate reassurance.

As the medics carefully tended to Taylor's injuries, Travis watched on, his heart pounding in his ears. Visions of a future without her, of a life without her radiant smile and unwavering love, threatened to overwhelm him.

Finally, the medics gently lifted Taylor onto a stretcher, their faces etched with concern. "We need to get her to the hospital immediately," one of them announced. "It looks like a serious ankle injury, possibly a fracture."

Travis nodded, his grip on Taylor's hand tightening. "I'm coming with you," he said, his voice leaving no room for argument.

The ambulance ride was a blur of sirens and frantic activity, but Travis never once let go of Taylor's hand. He watched as she winced in pain, his heart breaking with every stifled whimper that escaped her lips.

"Trav, it hurts," she whispered, her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

Travis leaned forward, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. "I know, Tay. I know. But you're going to be okay, I promise. The doctors are going to take care of you."

As they arrived at the hospital, Taylor was whisked away, leaving Travis to pace the waiting room, his mind reeling with a torrent of emotions. Time seemed to stand still as he waited for any news, his fingers nervously drumming against the armrest of the chair.

Finally, a weary-looking doctor emerged, his expression somber. "Mr. Kelce, your girlfriend has a severe ankle fracture. We'll need to perform surgery to repair the damage and stabilize the joint."

Travis felt the air leave his lungs, his face paling with worry. "Surgery? How long will the recovery process be?"

The doctor let out a heavy sigh. "It's difficult to say for sure, but we're looking at a minimum of 6-8 weeks of immobilization and physical therapy. Miss Swift is a strong young woman, but this type of injury can be quite challenging, both physically and emotionally."

Travis nodded, his mind racing with the implications. "Can I see her? Please, I need to be there for her."

The doctor offered a sympathetic nod. "Of course. She's resting comfortably, but I'm sure your presence would be a great comfort to her."

As Travis entered Taylor's hospital room, his heart ached at the sight of her, her leg encased in a bulky brace and her face etched with discomfort. Slowly, he approached her bedside, his fingers gently interlacing with hers.

"Tay?" he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper. "I'm here, sweetheart. How are you feeling?"

Taylor turned towards him, her eyes brimming with a mix of relief and anguish. "Trav, it hurts so much," she admitted, her lower lip trembling.

Travis felt a lump form in his throat, and he leaned in, pressing a featherlight kiss to the back of her hand. "I know, Tay. But the doctors are going to take good care of you, and I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here, by your side, every step of the way."

Taylor's grip on his hand tightened, and she let out a shaky breath. "Trav, I'm scared. What if I can't perform? What if I can't do the things I love?"

Travis's heart clenched at the vulnerability in her voice. Gently, he brought her hand to his lips, pressing a tender kiss to her knuckles. "Tay, listen to me. You are the strongest, most resilient person I know. This is just a temporary setback – you're going to come back from this stronger than ever."

Taylor's eyes glistened with unshed tears. "But what if I can't? What if I never perform on stage again? I don't know what I'd do without music, without being able to connect with my fans."

Travis reached out, his fingers tenderly caressing her cheek. "Tay, you are so much more than just a performer. You are an artist, a philanthropist, a role model – and most importantly, you are the woman I love more than anything in this world. Whether you're on stage or not, that will never change."

Taylor's breath hitched, and a single tear escaped, trailing down her flushed cheek. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Trav. You're the only thing keeping me grounded right now."

Travis leaned forward, pressing his forehead against hers, his thumb gently wiping away her tears. "You'll never have to find out, Tay. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. We're going to get through this together, one step at a time."

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, the only sound the steady beeping of the medical equipment. Travis watched as the tension slowly seeped from Taylor's features, his fingers tracing soothing patterns along her arm.

"Trav?" Taylor's voice was soft, almost hesitant.

"Hmm?"

"What if... what if I can't dance again? What if I can't run and jump and move the way I used to?" Her eyes were filled with a haunting uncertainty, a fear that Travis had never seen in her before.

He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, his gaze unwavering. "Then we'll find new ways for you to express yourself, Tay. Whether it's through your music, your songwriting, or even just enjoying the simple pleasures in life – I'll be right here, supporting you every step of the way."

Taylor's lips curved into a faint smile, her fingers intertwining with his. "You really are too good to me, Travis Kelce. I don't know what I ever did to deserve you."

Travis chuckled softly, his eyes shining with adoration. "You being you is more than enough, Tay. You've enriched my life in ways I never could have imagined, and I'll be damned if I let a little ankle injury stand in the way of that."

The weight of his words seemed to lift Taylor's spirits, and she reached up, her hand cupping his cheek. "I love you, Trav. So much it hurts sometimes."

Travis turned his head, pressing a lingering kiss to her palm. "I love you too, Tay. And I'm going to be here, every step of the way, to make sure you get back on your feet – literally and figuratively."

As the hours ticked by, Travis remained a steadfast presence at Taylor's bedside, his unwavering support a constant source of comfort. He listened as she voiced her fears and doubts, offering words of encouragement and reminding her of her inner strength.

"You've got this, Tay," he whispered, his fingers gently tracing the contours of her face. "I believe in you, more than anything."

Taylor's eyes shone with gratitude, and she nuzzled into his touch, her heart swelling with an overwhelming sense of love and security. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Trav. You're my rock, my anchor in this storm."

Travis leaned in, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. "And I'm not going anywhere, Tay. We're in this together, no matter what."

As the first rays of dawn began to filter through the hospital window, Taylor felt a renewed sense of hope and determination. With Travis by her side, she knew that she could overcome any obstacle that stood in her way.

Word Count : 1353