Grateful Hearts

Hi, sorry that this one-shot is so short. I was in a rush 🥲
______________________________
The scent of roasting turkey and pumpkin pie filled the air as Travis and Taylor bustled around the cozy kitchen, preparing for a Thanksgiving feast with Taylor's parents, Andrea and Scott, and her brother, Austin. Laughter and chatter filled the room, a sense of warmth and togetherness weaving through the air.

"Trav, can you pass me the cranberry sauce?" Taylor called out, a smile playing on her lips as she caught his eye.

Travis nodded, reaching for the condiment and handing it to her with a playful wink. "Here you go, chef. I can't wait to dig into this incredible meal you've prepared."

Taylor's cheeks tinged with a blush as she accepted the sauce, her heart fluttering at the thought of sharing this moment with the people she loved most. "I'm just grateful we can all be here together, celebrating with good food and even better company."

As the table was set and the dishes were arranged, the sound of the doorbell echoed through the house, signaling the arrival of Taylor's family. Andrea and Scott swept into the kitchen, their arms open wide for embraces and greetings.

"Happy Thanksgiving, sweetheart," Andrea said, enveloping Taylor in a warm hug. "It's so good to see you, and to meet Travis in person at last."

Travis greeted Taylor's parents with a warm smile, a sense of gratitude swelling within him. "Thank you for having me, Andrea and Scott. I'm honored to be here, sharing this special day with all of you."

Austin, Taylor's brother, entered the kitchen with a grin, his eyes lighting up at the spread of food before him. "Hey, Trav! Ready to get your fill of mom's famous sweet potato casserole?"

Travis chuckled, clapping Austin on the shoulder. "You know it, man. I've been looking forward to this all week."

As they gathered around the table, Taylor's heart swelled with gratitude as she looked at the familiar faces of her family and the man she loved. "I just want to say how thankful I am for each and every one of you. For your love, your support, and the joy you bring to my life each and every day."

Andrea reached out, her hand finding Taylor's across the table. "We're thankful for you too, sweetheart. For the light you bring into our lives, and for the happiness you've found with Travis."

The meal passed in a blur of laughter and shared stories, the clinking of silverware and the occasional burst of laughter filling the room. Travis found himself drawn into the warmth of Taylor's family, feeling like he had gained a second home in the midst of the holiday festivities.

"Trav," Austin began, a mischievous glint in his eye, "do you think you can handle the dessert round? Taylor's pumpkin pie is a family favorite, and you've got some big shoes to fill."

Travis threw a mock-outraged look in Taylor's direction, his eyes dancing with good-natured challenge. "Oh, I'll show you guys. Just you wait, this pumpkin pie is going to be legendary."

As the meal drew to a close and the plates were cleared away, the family gathered in the living room, the warm glow of the fireplace casting a cozy ambiance over the space. Taylor snuggled into Travis's side, her heart full to bursting with love and gratitude.

"Thank you for coming, Travis," Scott said, his tone filled with sincerity. "It means the world to us to have you here, to see how happy you make our daughter."

Travis felt a lump form in his throat, and he squeezed Taylor's hand, his gaze meeting each member of her family in turn. "Thank you, Scott. I can't imagine spending this day anywhere else but here, with the people who mean the most to Taylor."

Andrea reached out, her eyes warm and soft. "You're always welcome here, Travis. You've become a part of our family, and we're grateful to have you in our lives."

The room was filled with a sense of contentment and love, a shared bond that transcended bloodlines and brought them together on this day of thanks.

As the evening stretched on, filled with shared memories and shared laughter, Taylor felt a sense of overwhelming gratitude for the love that surrounded her. In the flickering light of the fire, with the people she held most dear by her side, she knew that this Thanksgiving would be etched in her heart as a reminder of the blessings that filled her life.

And as they gathered for a final toast, raising their glasses to love, to family, and to the future, Taylor's heart swelled with a sense of peace and contentment. With Travis by her side and her family gathered around her, she knew that no matter the challenges that lay ahead, they would face them together with grateful hearts and unwavering love.

Word Count : 806