(07) Rack Off

chapter seven, rack off

Screams. That was the first thing Bambi woke up to. Both her parents yelling at one another, her mother crying and pleading him to stop drinking for her daughter and her father getting angry, like every other day. Again.

She looked out of her window, looking trough the curtains were the first ray of sunshines appeared. A few tears filling her eyes but she quickly wiped them away getting ready for school.

Walking towards the bathroom and turning on the shower the only thing she could hear were more screams and things being thrown around the house. Again.

Bambi wasn't going to eat breakfast. Not if both her parents would drag her in the argument they both had, only so her father could go back to the other woman. Again. Even though she wasn't sure if that woman was the other woman, or if her mother was.

Going downstairs quickly, not having put makeup on because she wanted to leave the house as fast as possible she was met with her crying mother on the sofa, both of her hand covering her face and her father taking another beer can of the fridge while opening the door to leave the house.

Before he opened the door he felt someone staring at him. His daughter. She didn't know what he was thinking in that moment he looked at her. 5 second, and an unreadable expression, before he closed the door and with that vanished of her sight.

"He's a good man, he really is" Her mother now looked at Bambi.

"Love really makes you blind" Bambi sighed opening the fridge to take some juice with her and a bag of chips to eat on the way and forget about what happened earlier.

"He wasn't like that when I met him. But he really loves you, Teresa, he just doesn't know how to love the right way" Her mother convinced Bambi.

"If that is what love is supposed to look like, I don't want it" And with that she took of to go to still, eating her thoughts away.