Chapter 11

I don't own solo leveling or Naruto

Sasuke looked down from his vantage on top of the monster's belly and before he knew it, he had entered a staredown with the mysterious agent.

"... Who might you be?" he asked cautiously, his onyx eyes peering down at Tae Shik's grinning form.

"I could ask you the same thing, kid," Tae Shik retorted, that wicked grin never leaving his mouth. "You caused all this damage? You're definitely not normal," Tae Shik whistled, impressed. He walked around inspecting the damage caused by the Uchiha's battle. All the while, Sasuke, not taking his eyes off of the black suited individual once.

"You still haven't answered my question yet," Sasuke pointed out. Tae Shik kicked back the giant dismembered limb of the dead monster, "Eh? Oh, yeah that's right I didn't."

He turned serious and looked the young teenager right in the eyes, "The name's Gang Tae Shik and you are?"

Sasuke was equal to his piercing purple eyed gaze and calmly responded, "Sasuke Uchiha."

'That name…?'

His eyes widened a fraction at the name before quickly retaining his composure and smiling.

'After a month of snooping around, I just happened upon my target by chance. Funny how things work out, huh?' he wondered wistfully. It was very difficult to make any ground on finding out who Sasuke Uchiha was for many reasons.

The first being that there are simply no records of him anywhere in the country other than that one hospital discharge form, but even that was restricted from them by the Hunters guild in due time. Secondly, the fact that the boy was affiliated with an S-rank hunter made the whole process of finding him even harder, because S-rank hunters are never really the type to really be brought in for questioning unless they had no ground to stand on. And even then it was still a slim chance. Thirdly, he had no idea what the kid looked like tying into the fact that there are absolutely no records of the kid anywhere. So, he really had nothing to go on except a name.

'Choi Jong-In really went through such extreme steps to keep him out of our sight and I can see why. The kid is impressive' he internally complimented the boy's ability to take down such an enormous foe in a confined space such as this.

"Well looks like the party is over, kid. Why don't you come down so that I can escort you out of the dungeon," he requested of the young teenager.

However, he watched the Uchiha stand up and jump off the other side of the dead monster, aiming to plough further down the tunnel. Tae Shik was surprised by these actions and immediately flashed to the top of the lifeless creature's belly.

"Oi, the exit is back that way, kid!" he yelled, jabbing his thumb behind, but he was easily ignored by the young teenager. His eye twitched at this behaviour and he once again used his speed to flash out of existence to appear right in front of the Uchiha.

"Get out of my way," he demanded, glaring daggers up at the taller man.
"Don't you think you're in way over your head? This isn't a place for children," the agent's tone was matter of fact.

"I'm no child. So get out of my way or I'll crush you, that's all," he said flatly, he was in no mood to play around with this adult.

Tae Shik just wagged a finger to his face, "Can't do that. In any other case I would have obliged your request to see what you're all about, but there's someone out there that cares for you and could get me into real trouble if I don't fulfil my duties as an agent," he explained. Despite his rather lax demeanour he did enjoy his role as a monitoring agent.