𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓.

ELENA DEJORIA.

I'm at the library, there isn't much to do but revise in my free period

I'm at the library, there isn't much to do but revise in my free period. Elodie was in English and i didn't fancy hanging out with Matteo, not after our awkward conversation about Laurent. Plus, it's been a while since i've spent so long revising in the library, i sort of miss it.

"Excuse me." a voice next to me calls, i'm busy rushing down some notes from my textbook too busy to reply.

"Hold on.." i finally murmur, finishing up my sentence before i feel a push and my body gets scooted across the bench, my quill drags across my notes, i furrow my brows.

"Hey- what the hell?" i turn and face whoever was beside me, the brunette figure sits down, running a hand through his hair.

"What?" he mutters, eyeing me up and down slowly.

"Why did you do that? My notes are ruined." i raise an eyebrow at him. He rolls his eyes and man-spreads across the bench, his knee knocks against mine and rests on it, i quickly yank it back and i feel some sort of heat rushing towards my face, i ignore it and keep calm. I then realize he hasn't answered and quickly clear my throat awkwardly.

"Well..?" i tilt my head forward to get a better view as he faces me with an agitated expression.

"I did say excuse me." he says quietly, his voice low and husky.

"And i did say hold on.." i mutter quietly, pursing my lips as i face my work, a huge line drawn across my perfect notes. I sigh frustrated, grabbing a tissue and dabbing on the wet ink.

"You took too long." he says quietly, fiddling with his quill. I scoff slightly, facing him, i part my lips to protest before something hits me.

"Wait a minute," i whisper under my breath. "Kol, Kol Isoder?" i murmur quietly, an eyebrow raised. He faces me with the same blank, mopey expression.

"Yes?" his voice was still low, gruff.

"So you're the new arrival." i say quietly, slowly recognizing his face from the small glimpse i caught of him the other day.

"Mm." he grunts, nodding slowly.

"It's nice to meet you." i smile slightly, he glances at me and back at his work, unsure of what to say.

He still doesn't respond, instead, he grabs a book from his bag and drags it across the desk until it's in front of him, his face still expressionless. I watch as he opens the dusty book, flicks through its dry, sandy golden pages. His fingers trace under the letters and as his eyes scrutinize every last word. I tighten my lips into a line, finally parting them to speak.

"So--"

"No." he mumbles. I raise my brows.

"You didn't even let me finish--"