𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔.

KOL ISODER.

"Humour?" i lift a brow

"Yes humour, girls love humour."

"Why would i want to humour her." i raise the other brow, Zidane rolls his eyes.

"It will help her fall for you."

"You guys are still on this discussion?" Ryan walks out from the bathroom, the steam from the shower he had following him. He's currently wrapped in a robe and rubbing his wet hair with a towel, looking down at us with a serious face.

We're currently in our dorm, it's around 8 pm, it's early October so suns down. I'm lying on my bed, my head and upper back pressed against the headboard as Zidane is sitting legs-crossed on his own. Ryan opens his drawers, scurries through it and pulls out a pair of boxers and his pajamas, throwing them on his bed as well as himself.

"Don't flash us again by man spreading." Zidane mumbles, i chuckle lowly as Ryan glares him down.

"I won't." 

"Seriously i don't understand why you wait before you change." 

Ryan shrugs. "I just do."

"Weird." i mumble, shaking my head as i face my hands, suddenly a pillow is thrown at me. My head snaps up to see Ryan glaring at me as Zidane suppresses a small laugh.

"You're one to talk about weird, you don't even know the first step of wooing a girl." Ryan raises a brow.

"Why would i need to?" i tilt my head, Zidane groans and throws his head back.

"Do we need to explain this for a fourth time?" Ryan mocks. I shrug.

"Maybe. Please tell me why its so important to woo a girl who's feelings i couldn't care about in the slightest." i tilt my head forward, egging them on to continue. Zidane rubs a hand down his face.

"Because," he pauses briefly. "It's important. If you're going to lock into a marriage with a girl, you need to be compatible. It'd look messy for the King of England to be bickering with his wife for the rest of his life. You want someone you can tolerate, and someone who can tolerate you. This just isn't about seduction or luring or even bribing, it's about adjusting. Adjusting to the person you know you'll spend the rest of your days with. Getting used to them and their small habits which might piss you off, but you're going to have to put up with it anyway because you will go to sleep and wake up to that face every day and night. You need to learn to get along with the future Queen of England, especially if it's a girl like Laila." 

I pause briefly, unsure of what to say. I turn my face to meet Ryan, he's looking at me. Really looking at me, face rock solid. 

"Fine." i mumble, "What do you want me to do?" i press the palm of my hand to my forehead, rubbing my temple softly.