Invisibility?

Chapter 8
Dylan's POV
After the whole, triple date thing I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. The girls seemed to not notice the resemblance between Dyler, Dominic, and me. I didn't think of it at first, but now that we are dating all of the girls, one of them are going to notice sooner or later. I decided to take the guys to the club, and no, not the club on Elmer street with the strippers. Dyler, of course would be happy about that. I sat them down in the circular booth in the far back corner; looked at them and their attention turned to me.

"You know that our girlfriends are going to mention something about us being related right?" I started, nervousness in my voice.

"Why can't we just tell them the truth?" Dominic questioned.

"For the most intelligent brother of us three, you sure do suggest stupid ideas." Dyler mused.

Dominic got up carefully, and stared Dyler down. A couple of minutes passed when Dominic started to laugh, slapping him in the face and flipping him off, then made  his way out the club.

I got up to run after Dominic, but had no idea where he went. I hope he's going to be okay, due to how unnecessary Dyler's comment was. I would most likely believe he went to Max's house or something, so I made my way down the street. When I turned the corner, I saw Faith wearing a blue tank top with her white frayed jeans. She seemed to be walking to the drug store, which got me curious so I started following her. I scurried across the road to talk to her until she looked at me and turned back around walking into the store. She went to the medicine aisle and grabbed a container of ibprohen, Passing me like I was invisible. She headed for the counter, pulling her wallet out of her pocket.

"Why doesn't she notice me? Am I invisible or something?" I thought to myself for awhile. "Dyler!"

It was about 9:30pm when I got home, and my bedroom light was on. I guess Dyler was in there because I left him back at the club to find Dominic. I made my way up the stairs to my room, sneaking in to avoid getting noticed and closing the door behind me as I reached for Dyler, who was sitting on my bed, facing the window.

"Hello," Dyler said, "I guess you want to know about the invisibility cloak I put on you."

I was just going to ask about why I was invisible, or at least how he managed to put a cloak on me without me noticing. I mean seriously, you don't just tell somebody that you put an invisibility cloak on them! I just wish Dyler used his brain sometimes, but I need to do something, and quick.

I went down the stairs to my father's bookshelf, looking up down, side to side, until I found a book with my mother's name engraved in gold on the spine. I pulled the book off the shelf and opened it up, wincing as the book sent a streak of blue flames up my finger tips. I heard the erie voice that belonged to Dyler, I arrived to a table with three chairs.

"What happened?" Dominic winced.

Sensing that he was about to explain something, but before he could start, I asked him about the invisibility cloak.

"You shouldn't care about that I meant to put it on Dominic, you two look just alike!" Dyler said.

"Why would you put it on Dominic?!" I yelled, slamming the words at him like a lightning bolt coming from the sky.

Dyler gritted his teeth as he pointed to the book. "Open to page 40, chapter 2."

I did what he said, opening the book up slowly as I begun to read.

"When it comes to clones, they tend to combust if put into an extreme situation, for example, love. If a clone comes in contact with another, their hormones both rage to a point of sex, causing pregnancy in a few days tops to be shown. I understand my readers wonder, how is it they get pregnant? Can't they do safe sex? Well, a demon is the only genetic family that can be made into clones. Our sperm can not be contained in such little plastic. It requires a higher level of protection to hold ones ejactulation."

I was confused by the words, "why would this have anything to do with our topic?" I asked,
looking as Dyler turned a couple of pages.

"If a clone of a demon is in contact with someone of their significant other, they will vanish from the world, and the significant other's mind will be formed to where that clone was never in their life, but the original body was. The only way to get rid of clones before it happens, is to keep them close at all times and put an invisibility cloak on the clones, 3 days separate before usage again."

"Why would you put it on me? You're a clone of mine!" I began to yell.

"Is there some other way for all of us to be here?" Dominic questioned, overhearing us as he stepped into the house, joining us at the book shelf.

"I don't know," Dyler said, his voice getting lower, "I don't know." He pulled up a chair, slumping into it.