Reality check

Chapter 3.

I helped Mrs. Mavis with dinner and set the table.

Stove Top fish with gravy and basil with rice on the side, my favorite. I helped her fix plates as Faith sat infront of the window at the table as I put plates down.

I sat by Faith and Mrs. Mavis was infront of me. We dug into the food as soon as we were all seated.

"So Dylan, what do you plan on doing when you finish high school? " Mrs. Mavis looked at me from her food as she asked. I put down my fork and bit my lip as a smile formed on my face.

"Well, I'm going to go to college and if I graduate and get my degree, " I looked at Faith and held her hand. "I'm gonna propose to the one I love. "

Faith smiled wide and a blush formed across her cheeks as Mrs. Mavis looked at us with awe.

I looked at her, snickering alittle.

"Thank you, Dylan. For taking care of my daughter. " She thanked me as I accepted it with a nod.

Later after dinner, I helped clean up and put things away, I made sure to set a plate in the fridge for Mr. Mavis.

"It was nice having you over for dinner, Dylan." Mrs. Mavis said, hugging me tightly as we stood infront of the front door.

"Thanks for having me over for dinner, ma'am. " I responded, hugging her back as I opened the door and headed towards the sidewalk with Faith.

"How about we do continue another day? " She asked.

"Sure." I replied, leaning down and pecks her lips softly. She kissed me back and hugged me.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow at school. " I said, walking backwards as I headed home. Faith nodded and waved, smiling wide. I waved back, turning and walked my way.

I arrived at my house late that night.

I walked through the door and looked around the large empty house.

"Dad! You still here? " I yelled and didn't get a respond, I walked up the stairs and to my father's room, seeing a note on the night stand.

I picked up the note, reading it to myself. Had to go back to work. Jimmy has lost the files to the time machine invention.

See you tomorrow -Dad.

I sighed, putting the note down as I saw a large rectangular like sheet covered object. The lettering on it read, Daisy, my mother on the front. I was confused by it so I decided to remove the sheet to see a large mirror that was nicely cleaned. Gold rimming with a dark outline.

"What the.. " I said, placing my hand on the mirror and saw it faze through and I was unable to remove my hand. I saw a purple mistful arm grab me and pull me in the mirror, screaming as I felt its power.

My body was burning, I felt like my organs were seperating until I closed my eyes shut and screamed in pain.

A deep, muscular voice called out to me from the purple and black swirling of darkness.

"Dylan, meet your halfs." The voice said as I opened my eyes slowly to see a male with silver eyes infront of me. Black short hair, black sleeveless shirt, gray skinny jeans, and black NIKE hightops. His body was well built to match a body his age. His hair was swept to the right, his right eyebrow end was pierced with a snake bite and his bottom lip was pierced.

"This is Dyler, Dylan. Your Bad Boy side." I looked at Dyler, my twin. My bad boy twin.

I groaned again, feeling another side stretch out of me as I looked to see a male with nicely done hair, white shirt, khaki jeans, and white converse as he wore a black Fedora. He was well shaven and all. His eyes were also silver, his face not pierced.

"And this is Dominic. Your charming yet bad side. " I looked to Dominic, cursing to myself as I could barely see a thing.

"You three, have fun. Your bodies come together at night and break apart in the morning. Don't get into too much trouble Ok?" The voice said as it faded away, the three appearing in my room. I was lied on the bed, looking at Dominic and Dyler, waving to me as they left through the door, my hair wave sagging as I passed out from strength lack.