Rescue Mission

The sun was nearly at its peak as two figures walked towards the gate of Konohagakure. The shorter of the two leapt onto the telephone pole before shouting out loud to the whole village.

"This takes me back. The village hasn't changed a bit! Everyone, Naruto Uzumaki's back!!"

Naruto laughed to himself as he noticed that Tsunade's face was finally carved on the great stone faces.

"All grown up, Naruto?" Kakashi stated, sitting on the roof across from Naruto.

Naruto jumped off the roof and landed next to his old teacher. "Kakashi sensei! You haven't changed at all!" He dug into his kunai pack and took out a book. "I have something for you." He stated, handing the book to Kakashi.

"It's the latest in the Make-Out Series y'know. The first in three years! I figured you'd like it, even though it's probably totally boring..." Kakashi took the book thanking Naruto. Both Kakashi and Naruto jumped off of the roof to the ground where Jiraiya was. The three headed towards the Hokage's office where they ran into Sakura and Tsunade.

"Wow..I almost didn't recognize you. We've both really grown, huh?" Sakura spoke, hugging Naruto. He grinned, hugging Sakura back. "If you say so! You haven't changed at all!"

Sakura laughed silently through her nose as she gazed at Naruto who was now conversing with Konohamaru. Yeah..he got taller too... Her mood immediately turned when Konohamaru changed into a naked woman.

"What do you think?!! I got the boing-fwhht-boing part down now, right?" Konohamaru asked, transforming back into himself.

"Konohamaru.." Naruto started. "I'm not a kid anymore. You gotta work on other jutsu too, y'know" Sakura stared at Naruto with her eyes wide open. Maybe he has finally matured, maybe he really has changed.

"That jutsu is totally boring, Konohamaru!! Now watch this, My new pervy jutsu invention. Here it goes!"

Sakura's smile broke as she realized what was happening. "New pervy jutsu...?" Not just a moment later she punched Naruto into the ground. "Are you KIDDING ME?!"

She stomped over to him and yanked him by his collar while shaking him back and forth. "What is your problem?! We haven't seen each other for over two years, and you pull a stunt like that?" She slapped his face left and right repeatedly. "Do you- Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?! Huh?!" At this point Naruto was already littered with bruises. "And I was thinking you were so grown up!"

"Now Now, Sakura." Kakashi interjected. "Calm down, you're scaring Konohamaru." Sakura paused and looked over to Kakashi where Konohamaru was hiding behind. Letting go of the blonde pervert, Sakura dusted off her hands and turned back to Tsunade.

"Alright, enough with the emotional reunion." Tsunade began, signaling Kakashi to take the lead.

"From here on out, you two..are going to be a part of my team again. Not as Sensei and students. But as equals. Fellow Konoha Shinobi." He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a familiar pair of bells, jingling as he held them at eye level. "Now, I want to see how much you've both grown. The rules are the same as when we first met."

Naruto and Sakura smirked in determination. "Attack as though you mean to kill, or you'll never stand a chance."

.

Once completing their training Naruto and Sakura began walking to Ichiraku Ramen to get food together, "Hey.." Naruto suddenly spoke. "Have you heard from.." He drifted off unable to finish his sentence. 

Sakura shook her head. "No, ever since that day when I returned home all of her stuff was gone. I haven't seen her since." She signed. The mood around them turned sour.