Chains and a Plane

After the car ride home, Abby heads into the house. Mike and Vanessa linger outside.

"So, want to tell me what happened back there?" Vanessa asked.

"While we we're talking, I saw Garret." Mike said. Vanessa looked at Mike sadly.

"I don't know what I was expecting. I knew he was dead, but I just. It never felt real, it's different being told someone is dead compared to actually knowing, actually believing." Mike explained.

"I understand." Vanessa said. Mike was looking at the ground, thinking about something.

"He was there, we haven't seen each other in so long. Do you even think he knows it's me?" Mike asked.

"Maybe, souls just have a way of knowing." Vanessa said. Mike sighed.

Vanessa could tell something was bothering him.

"The kid possessing freddy, he had said I was like them. What did he mean?" Mike asked. Vanessa considered this.

"Maybe he meant that you were a victim of Williams, like they were." Vanessa concluded.

"Yeah, except I'm still alive." Mike stated.

"Which is a good thing." Vanessa replied. Another minute went by before either of them spoke.

"What would Garret think of me?" Mike said.

"What?" Vanessa asked, confused.

"Those kids, my brother was killed by this terrible man, and I can't seem to help wanting to go back." Mike said.

"Because William made a promise that shouldn't have been made in the first place.  He should have never killed those kids in the first place." Vanessa said.

"I know, but he did." Mike said, turning away from Vanessa. He was getting emotional, trying to hide any hint of tears.

"Do you think Garret will be disgusted by me, learning what I allowed to happen, what he did to me?" Mike asked, in a small pained voice.

"He had no choice, he used your kindness to his benefit, all you ever wanted to do was protect. Even if you had that nature or not, it wouldn't have stopped William from doing what he did. He's an awful man, nothing could change what he did." Vanessa said.

Mike held his hands to his face, light sobs escaped from him.

Vanessa didn't know what to do. So she let him be.

—-------------

Abby was happy to have made new friends, but she was disappointed not being able to see Garret.

She never got to meet him, but she wished she could. She had the chance today, but that chance wasn't opened to her yet.

There's always tomorrow, Abby knew they would go back to Freddy's tomorrow because her friend's souls were not free yet.

Abby knew she would be sad to not be able to see her friends anymore after their souls were free, but she didn't mind. She wanted her friends to be happy and free from the chains that William had locked them up.

Those same chains being wrapped around her brother Mike, except he wasn't dead. So he couldn't be free.

Abby often had nightmares of William coming back and taking her brother away, hurting him. She would often be awoken by her nightmares to hear the nightmare's of her brother.

Abby was happy when Mike had worked through the trauma, accepting what had happened. But that only loosened the chains. Not break them off, Mike was still dealing with what William had done, and Abby hated him for that.