1 一

UNEDITED.

"In the midst of the crowds
In the shapes in the clouds
I don't see nobody but you."

- Third person's point of view

[Grade 12, first day after spring break]

Nobita had no other option but to clap with the audience as Dekisugi and Shizuka were appointed as President and Vice-president of the school council.

It could have been any two but not to anyone's surprise. It was them again, as if they both were fated to be together. It wasn't an easy sight for Nobita to digest.

"What gadget will you ask from Doraemon for this one?"

Nobita looked back and found Suneo teasing him. He knew that Nobita liked Shizuka, mostly everyone did.

"Shut up, Suneo." Nobita retorted.

Nobita couldn't pay attention to what was being said in the assembly. His thoughts remained fixated on Shizuka.

They hadn't talked in a while, he wondered if she had noticed his absence or if she simply didn't care.

Maybe Suneo is right, I do need a gadget to fix this and spend time with Shizuka.

The applause soon died down, and as the students began to disperse, Nobita rushed through the crowd to get to Shizuka and congratulate her but he soon tripped and crashed into what felt like a solid brick wall to him. He blinked up at the person.

Dekisugi.

When did he get so tall?

Before Nobita could gather his thoughts, he stumbled upon a chair and fell straight to the ground.

He remembered Dekisugi and the few other students hovering above him with concerned looks but his vision soon blacked out.

---

When Nobita opened his eyes again, he was lying on a soft mattress in the nurse's office.

He looked to his side to find Shizuka sitting there, busy reading a book. He sat up and straightened his back.

"Shizuka, what are you doing here?"

Shizuka teared her gaze away from the book and looked at Nobita. A bright smile appeared on her face as she stood up immediately from her chair.