𝟱- 𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄𝘀

Third person pov:-

As the imposing figure of the Umbrasian king strode into the council chamber, the three judges representing his kingdom rose from their seats in unison, bowing their heads in deference to their ruler. The sight sent a ripple of astonishment through the gathered royals, particularly Luna, whose eyes widened in surprise. It was a rare sight indeed to witness such unwavering loyalty displayed by the judges of Umbrasia, a stark contrast to the customary decorum observed by other kingdoms.

With deliberate steps, the king made his way to the center of the chamber, a commanding presence in his dark robes. As he cast off his hood, revealing features as striking as they were enigmatic, Luna found herself transfixed by his darkly handsome countenance. His chiseled jawline and piercing gaze held an allure that was both captivating and unsettling.

With a subtle gesture, the king dispelled the ominous shadows that had shrouded the chamber moments earlier, restoring the sunlight to its rightful place in the sky. Yet, despite the return of daylight, an air of darkness lingered, casting an eerie pall over the proceedings.

Taking their seats amidst the dimly lit chamber, the Umbrasian monarch and his cousin settled into their designated thrones, symbols of their kingdom's authority. "Stay focused, Luna," her mother whispered, breaking the spell of awe that had enveloped her daughter.

As the main judge called the council to order, the heavy curtains fell across the windows, enclosing the chamber in a veil of secrecy. Luna watched with a mixture of fascination and trepidation, acutely aware that she was witnessing history in the making.

"So, my respected royals, as we convene for this urgent meeting, we are confronted with a grave matter," declared the senior judge adorned in a resplendent golden cloak, representing the celestial kingdom. "Yesterday, a man from Luminaria attempted to assail the King of Umbrasia, and now he is in our custody."

The announcement hung heavy in the air, eliciting a deep exhale from King Alaric of Luminaria, met with a scornful huff from King Zephyr of Umbrasia. "But King Zephyr has granted us a mere two days to investigate the attack," Alaric continued, his tone measured despite the tension.

"I cannot trust your kingdom," Zephyr retorted, his voice dripping with anger and distrust, causing the atmosphere to bristle with tension. "And neither do I—" Alaric began, only to be interrupted by the wise counsel of the senior judge, who sought to quell the rising animosity.

"Let us focus on the matter at hand. We are here to seek answers, not to engage in quarrels," the judge interjected, his voice carrying the weight of authority. Zephyr's command cut through the tension like a blade. "Bring forth the accused!"

Loreth, battered and bruised, was ushered into the chamber, his demeanor defiant despite his evident distress. The council wasted no time in questioning him, but Loreth's response sent shockwaves through the assembly.

"It's forbidden for the people of Luminaria, not for me," he declared, a devilish smirk playing upon his lips. Zephyr's eyes blazed with fury, while Alaric looked on in disbelief.

"What do you mean?" demanded the judge, his voice echoing through the chamber. Loreth's response sent a chill down the spines of all present. "I follow him," he confessed, his words dripping with madness. "I follow NIGHTSHADE."

The name hung ominously in the air, casting a pall over the assembly. Whispers rippled through the council as the gravity of the revelation settled upon them. But before the judge could press for further clarification, Loreth's demeanor shifted, his eyes contorting with an otherworldly force.

"He's back," Loreth announced, his voice tinged with dread. In that moment, the council was gripped by a sense of foreboding. Zoya felt her heart seize in her chest, while Zephyr's expression darkened with a primal rage.