Chapter 5: Explanation

It took a lot of persuasion from Emblem Sothis, Byleth, and the three house leaders from Seteth to report the things that had happened in Zanado Red Canyon.

Seteth was reluctant to agree, but he had trust in the Emblems.  Now was the time for explanations.  Dimitri was going to explain his relationship with Edelgard first.

"Alright boar, you have a lot of explanations to say."  Felix looked irritated.  Which was reasonable.

Dimitri sighed before speaking.  "I supposed I should've expected you to all know eventually."

After he explained, everything begun make sense as to why the prince was so protective of Edelgard.  It wasn't because he had a...  thing for her.  It was because she was his stepsister.

"Wait a sec!"  Sylvain remembered something.  "She was that girl from years ago, right?  The one who you gave a dagger too!"

"Did you actually give her a dagger as a gift?  Since she would still be a child."  Rafal asked Emblem Dimitri.

"I gave it to her because..."  Emblem Dimitri then pondered for a bit.  "Weird, my other version me remembers clearly about this moment form the past.  Why can't I remember that either?"

"I don't remember that either Dima."  Emblem Edelgard added.  "I know we are siblings by marriage, but I don't remember receiving a dagger..."

"You still don't remember again?" Nel was concerned now.

"You don't remember?"  That caught the attention of Emblem Sothis.  "Curious, I thought all Emblems knew their lives of the past and fate."

"What do you mean?"  Ashe asked.

Alear turned to them.  "You see, all Emblem know what will happen to them in the future.   One of the emblems, Sigurd, once told me that he had died after his wife was brainwashed and was stolen from him.  That lead him for his son to be all alone in the end.  He and his friends and army died after getting hit by several meteors (me:  is that what it's called?  I never played the Holy War game before)."

The students were shocked and horrified.  To think this emblem knew how he would die.

"That's what makes these three different."  Rafal says.  "These three don't even remember pieces of their pasts or their future.  At first we believed it was because of Emblem Byleth, but it didn't add up so we don't really know in the end."

"What do you mean the professor is the reason why they don't remember?" Ingrid asks.  "Its not like he did some-."

"You misunderstand."  Rafal interrupts her.  "What I'm saying is, we thought it was because of Emblem Byleth's choices that affected their memory.  Because in one world, he taught this classroom, in another, maybe the Black Eagle or Golden Deer."

"That...  makes sense..."  Byleth says.  However, he already had a good idea why the three emblems don't remember.  "But, what makes you think its not the case?" 

"Because another Emblem, Camilla, is proof of that."  The students didn't ask anything, so he continued.  "In Emblem Camila's world, her timeline and even memories would alter, based on her little sister, Corrin's choices.  She either had to join Nohr or Hoshido, or neither.  But unlike these three, her memories are based on when Emblem Corrin NEVER picked a side.  That caused a ton of misunderstandings at first though."

"That doesn't seem to make any sense."  Felix then spoke.  "Why would another Emblem remember but the boar and his sister, and Claud don't."

"I don't know."  Emblem Veronica then appeared.  "I never studied the history of the World of Three Houses, -this world to be precise.  And I doubt Emblem Byleth would even know since Emblem Corrin doesn't even understand why Emblem Camilla's memories are based on the happiest timeline."