Pralouge/Interlude: The Dream of Memory

A/N:  This may be a short chapter.

"So you're telling me that the new instructor and student is from another world?!"  Claude was surprised.  Indeed, Dimitri was allowed to tell Claude and Edelgard.

"That is correct.  Although I am not so sure as to why Emblem Byleth- err, the Emblem version of our professor allowed it.  I was sure only class should know."

"The professor has his reasons.  I'm sure all will be explained eventually."  Edelgard says.

"Hmm..."

"What is it Dimitri?"

"It's about our Emblem versions of ourselves.  All Emblems know their future, yet ours don't."

"Really?"  Claude was surprise.  "So other us, doesn't know what happens after we graduate?"  That caught Claude's attention.

"It's getting late now.  We should get some rest now."  Edelgard says, holding back her yawn.

"Alright."

........

???:  The time is nigh.  You must now put your differences aside...

That night...  After the clock had struck 12...  Things would change...  Maybe for the better, for the Three House leaders...

"Huh?  Where am I?  Wait..  This is..."  Claude now was visibly confused.  One moment ago he was sleeping on his bed soundly for the weekend tomorrow, the next, he's in the Officers Academy. But why was it in ruins?

"What happened to this place..."  In Dimitri's side, it was no better.  What could've happen?  "Hello?  Profess-"

Suddenly, out of the blue, an arrow nearly hit him.

Dimitri's eyes widened at the sight of someone familiar.  "What the-!  Wait!  What are you doing?!"

"Your highness!  You have to remember!"  Was that Ashe?  Why was he fighting him?!  Also, why does he look a lot older here?

It was no different for Edelgard.  Currently she was fighting Dorthea and Petra!?

"Petra?!  Dorthea?!  Why are you fighting against me?!  And why do you look different?!"

"Eddy?  Don't you remember?"  Dorthea looked like she had pity on Edelgard.

"You must remember!"

Claude in the meantime was fighting Hilda Ignatz.

"Hilda?!  Ignatz?!  What are you doing?!"

"You must wake up and remember Claude!"  Hilda then threw an axe at Claude, which he easily doged.

"Claude, you have to help him!"  Ignatz then threw arrows at him.

Claud kept on dogging the arrows.

"What do you mean?  Who's he?"

A couple of minutes later.  The three had finally reunited.

"This is like a nightmare.  Why are we fighting our friends our fellow classmates and friends?!"  Claude honestly doesn't know what is going on.  But one thing is clear, he doesn't want to hurt anyone.

"And what do they mean "remember"?  We didn't forget anyone.  Right?"

"It has to be someone we all met then.  But who?  I didn't encounter anyone."  Dimitri concluded.

"Dimitri!  Claude!  Look out!"  They all ducked.  What nearly hit them was the hero relic that had belonged to Edelgard's family.

"What now?!"  Dimitri honestly was tired.