Vulnerability and Frustration

Zhao Yu sighed as he pressed the submit button with his mouse on his computer screen. He looked up at the ceiling, and Zhao Yu wondered how much time has passed?

He looked around to see if he had some co-workers left, he saw someone else he didn't know and his boss of course. Her name was Ling Ying, a very talented and soft-hearted woman. She was always worried about Zhao Yu's mental health and today was no exception, a lot of times he was stuck with tight deadlines which is why he had to work overtime a lot.

He turned off his computer, and stared at it as the screen goes black. He sighs, he packed it in his computer bag along with some other things he'd bring to work like his purple tumbler that also faded to white, his phone, and that was pretty much it. He normally leaves all his items for work so he wouldn't have to carry it everyday.

As he starts to leave his little cubicle of workspace, his boss Ling Ying passes by. "Zhao Yu your still working?" Ling Ying sighed with an obvious frown and disappointment in her face "Didn't I tell you to stop working overtime? Your gonna get sick, your eyebags really show now too..." Ling Ying said

Even though Zhao Yu felt like he was getting scolded by his mom, it felt nice, for someone to care about him. He smiled at her, he rarely showed his emotion but it felt like he was able to open up to his boss because they share the same language. "我沒事我保證, I'm gonna go home soon. Take care of yourself too mom." Zhao Yu said earning a chuckle out of Ling Ying. "Well with the being said, I'm going to go now. I'll see you next week" Zhao Yu said while he was smiling.

Ling Ying left him alone and now he was able to step out of his cubicle freely, he made sure not to forget anything looking back one last time. He went in the elevator and grabbed his pair of earbuds from his pocket, purple case of course.

He started to find his calm playlist, immediately soothing his nerves.

As he got out of the elevator, he made sure to fill out their log in sheet and it looks like Zhao Yu stopped working at about 10:49 pm, work hours stop at 8:00 pm.

As he leaves the building to try to get a breath of fresh air, he noticed the rain was pouring, as in... storm level or something. It was crazy. He decided to put his earbuds back in his bag because even though they were waterproof, they weren't surviving this.

Good thing he brought his umbrella, although it was pretty small so he's getting wet no matter what. He started to walk to the train station, it was gonna take him approximately five minutes but, if he was just walking during that five minutes he would be soaked when he got to the train station.

So what did Zhao Yu do? He ran, he ran as fast as he can. Running didn't solve the problem though, as he splashes the water on the ground the ends of his pants we're getting wet. He was also cringing at the fact that there was water in his shoes. It was so uncomfortable.

Running made the umbrella harder to control, so not only was his bottom part getting wet, his chest was almost see through because his white polo started to get drenched in water. Luckily he had a tank top to cover under.

But most importantly, his bag, he couldn't get his bag wet. He has a laptop, phone and almost all the important files in there, so instead of protecting himself with the umbrella he just started to protect the bag, it doesn't matter anyway.

He ran to the train station, it felt never ending. But he finally reached it, it was 10:46 the rain slowed him down from his usual 5 minute peaceful sunny walk, well today was the complete opposite with a dark stormy thunderous night.

He tapped his card on where you usually pay and... what? For some reason, his card was declining. He tried it five times to really see if something just happened. Maybe it was because it was wet? Nope these cards we're waterproof, so why! why did all the bad things have to happen to him in a da-