Ẅäṅẗëḋ

Wanted

Wanted

Asneth turned in her sleep, her hand hanging off the bed. She was exhausted waiting for Beni to return to her. He was like a brother to her; Yes, he was horrible but not to her. She stole things while he was just a coward who made bad decisions.

Her once puffy afro was smushed against the bed and her black robes stuck to her skin like glue. It was hot, she had every right to be half-naked in her bed. She wondered how Rick was too, surprised he still hung around Beni the way that he did. They were off on their little trip to Hamunaptra, the city of the dead. She heard it wasn't real yet all these men go up there to fight over it. The only way to get her out there was if there were gold. Shiny, smooth, gold. Yawning she rolled off the bed, a rug made of yarn. Oh, how she hated that fucking rug.

She could hear the door open, and the scrambling sounds of footsteps. Yeah, that sounded like Beni. Asneth stayed on the floor, wondering how long it would take for Beni to open her door. It'd been months or years (not that she cared to remember) since Beni returned. After all that scrambling and sounds of things dropping her room door opened. "Hm?" She looked up from her spot on the floor and smiled. "Beni, you're alive." Beni rolled his eyes and dropped to the floor, crawling towards her. "What?" She closed her eyes and rested her back against the carpet. "I may have made a mistake..." Asneth could hear him gulping.

Sitting up she glared at him. "What did you do, Beni?" She asked in annoyance.

"I...I ran away...Leaving Rick and the others to fend for themselves." He sounded almost apologetic, key word, almost. "Were you scared?" She raised her chin and eyebrow.

"I wouldn't...say scared." He started but she cut him off. "Nothing to be ashamed of, I would've run too!" She snickers. "I don't even know why you were out there, we're cowards!" She gave him a pat on the shoulder. "It's hot, I'm going back to bed." Turning around she climbed back on the bed, leaving Beni to scoff and shake his head. She was right though, she was not a fighter. Asneth expects to steal and get away without confrontation.

...Three Years Later- Giza Port(Cairo)

"When we get paid, you're dead, hear me!?" Asneth pulled at Beni's collar, the older man groaning. He just had to go and become a map for some Americans. She only got dragged along because he refused to leave her at 'home' alone. "Dead man, you're a dead man!" She let go of his collar and smiled as one of the Americans walked up to them. Bernard Burns wore glasses, his eyes were teal, brown hair, 6'3. "You two alright over here?" He squinted, did all Americans smell good and smell like must at the same time? Maybe the heat is making them smell this way. If so, she could understand.

"We're fine." Asneth nods and jabs Beni in the side causing him to topple over. "If that's so, we're all getting on now." Burns nodded, walking up the ramp to the boat. She gave Beni one last look before getting on the boat herself. He followed behind, wobbling to the side like a pitiful child. The only reason he hasn't bolted yet was because he didn't get full pay yet. Americans were serious about their money, she guessed.