Gold

Gold

Asneth hugged herself, she'd never seen anything like that before. Skin being melted off, screams of dying men. She also heard that Hassan had died. No one knew how but she had a good idea of what happened. The stinky little bastard should've listened to her.

She tuned out the Americans' conversation soon after Rick left as they had nothing to talk about that would interest her. They hadn't even finished exploring Hamunaptra yet; she was still hoping for gold. Her ears perked as the sound of horses could be heard, and it wasn't their horses. Everyone popped up as men in black on horses rushed in. Looking at the gun next to her, she disregarded it and picked up a small knife.

"Mr.Henderson wake up!"

The men were killing their workers and shooting at them. She didn't understand the sudden attack. Asneth jumped back as one of the men came running at her, dodging his attempt at an attack she pushed him off the horse and stabbed him in the chest, twice. The only thing on her mind was survival. Another one came from her causing her to scream and pick up the gun, shooting him. "Ah.Sorry!" Asneth scampered away from his body. Running by her was Jonathan. "O'Connell!" He yelled out in panic, holding a bottle. She took the opportunity to jump on the man chasing Jonathan, pinning him down. The scarf fell off his face.

Pointing the gun at his chest she froze. They both did. Her eyes widen and her heartbeat speeds up. This man with long black hair and eyes filled with determination was beautiful. "I should shoot you here n' now, why are you here?" Growling, she shoved the gun deeper against him. She was hesitating and didn't know why. Who cares if he was attractive, he was trying to kill them. The man under her grabs her wrist and switches their position, grunting. He took the gun from her hand and tossed it to the side. "You must leave this place." He whispered to her.

"Enough!" He yelled, standing up. "We will shed no more blood, but you must leave." Explaining he looked at her. "Leave this place or die."

"You have one day."

Beni pulled her up by the arm and looked at her confused. "What...was that? You had him under you and you did not kill him?"

"Don't question me, fool." She snatched her arm away and growled, gripping the knife in her other hand."See? That proves it." Daniels growl. "Old Seti's fortune's gotta be under this sand." He spouts, believing his words. "For them to protect it like this, you just know there's treasure down there." Henderson agrees. Asneth rubbed her temple and crossed her arms. "No. These men are desert people." She picks up her gun. "They value water, not gold."

"You know, uh," Burns walks over to Rick and Evy, holding each other. She guessed Burns was shaving before they were attacked because his face was still covered in shaving cream. "Maybe just at night, we could, uh, combine forces, hmm?"

...

Asneth ran her fingers through the sand and sighed. She couldn't stop thinking about him. That man didn't even attack her. Why? She didn't know. Her hesitation was still bothering her. She should've shot him, even when he took her gun she had a knife. Asneth bit her lip and huffed.