Chapter 14 ~ Job Interview

Avika's POV~

It was approx Eight at night and it was the time when he used to come. His parents were already home and I was in the kitchen preparing dinner.

And the bell rang, and there he was. I served the food and all had dinner. After the dinner, I completed all the work and went to the room where he was sitting, doing something on his laptop.

He looked at me when I entered and smiled. I smiled back too and sat on my side of the bed. I scrolled through the phone for a bit waiting for him to complete his work so that I can talk. But he was not leaving his laptop only. I left my phone on the side and looked at him.

"Kuch kaam karr rahe hai kya?" I asked.
(Are you doing something?)

"Hmm..Some work was left pending today so completing that.." he answered while doing his work.

"Ohh" I replied and looked away.

"Kuch hua hai kya? Wanna tell something?" He asked looking at me.
(Something had happen?)

"Uhh..I wanted to talk about something but you may complete your work first, it's not an issue" I said.

"Arrey no problem you tell" Akash insisted and left his laptop.

"Aap kar lijiye kaam koi dikkat nahi hai" I said.
(You may do you your work, no issue!)

"My work is done. You tell what did you want to say?" Akash said and shut down his laptop.

"Uhh..woh I wanted to tell that.." I said hesitantly. While he closed his laptop and all focus was on me now. He saw me getting nervous and awkward so he understood that it is something serious I wanted to ask.

"You can tell without hesitating. I am all here to listen you." Akash said with a calm voice.

"Uhh...You know that I have done my graduation in B.Arch.." I said and he hummed.

"It was actually my dream since my childhood and I did it but.." I said.

"But?" Akash asked.

"I did it and I wanted to work but then we got married and I could not think about that...So..uhh...If you don't have any problem then C-Can I work now?" I asked and looked down. He didn't say anything and I was all prepared for him to refuse but then he said something.

He sighed and said,"Bas itni si baat thi?"

I hummed in confusion.

"Avika listen,To be honest, I would have refused about it because working is not that easy than it looks like and already three of us are working so for just the sake of money, I would have not allowed you!" Akash said.

And I just felt my heart getting heavy. I was just disheartened at what he said. I wished to cry hearing to it. I just looked away controlling my tears so that they do not fall infront of him.

"But..." Akash said and I looked at him with a hope of a Yes.

"But right now, As you said that it is your dream job since childhood and you want to do it than I guess I am no one to stop you! I am no one who to control anyone's dreams and become a wall in front of them. So Yes I don't have any problem, You Can Work!" Akash said with the most affectionate smile on his face and my happiness was at no limit.

I was delighted, so much happy. I somewhere knew he won't deny but after getting confirmation, I was on Cloud Nine!

"Thank You...Thank You So Much" I said giving him my prettiest smile.

"What's there to thank in this? It's alright!" Akash said and I smiled.

"And by the way, What are you planning then? What kind of job and where? Have you researched something?" Akash asked.