~09~

Aris had woken Jade up that morning as they began their walk again through the hot sandy desert. They walked in silence over the sand dunes in a single line row again.

They all felt like the mountains were getting further and further away no matter how long they walked and how fast.

After a few long hours, they reached a smooth ground still being covered in sand.

Everyone felt like they were dying from the heat, and they had run out of their food and water.

Minho pulled his water bottle out, trying to get even the smallest drop of water from it, but after getting nothing, he threw it to the side in annoyance.

Jade pulled her own water bottle out and passed it to him. He looked at it and back at her. He nodded in thanks with a small smile, taking it off her.

She walked in front of the rest next to Thomas, the talks from last night, and the memories were running around in her head.

It was the only thing keeping her distracted from the raging heat and the dryness of her mouth.

A tap on her shoulder brought her out of her thoughts again. "Here, save the rest." Minho handed back the water bottle.

She nodded and shoved it in her backpack, but she would most likely give it to one of the others when they needed it.

By night fall, they all slept gathered together on the ground. There was no shelter around, but there also didn't seem to be any cranks around either.
__________________________

Thomas woke up from the rumbling of a storm and the hard ground. He lifted his head up from the ground once he saw blurred lights.

Weakly, he got up,"Hey ,Hey." His voice was raspy as he hit Newts leg to wake him up.

"Newt get up. Come on, let's go. Frypan, Aris, Jade." They all began waking up.

Jade woke up from Thomas shoving her shoulder. She squinted her eyes as they were painful from how tired she was.

"Get up! I see something! You see that?" Thomas says, his voice still raspy as he pointed towards the distance where the lights were.

"Whoa, what is it? What.." Minho trailed off when his eyes fell on the lights.

"It's lights." Thomas says.

"We made it.." Aris whispers.

They all turn around at the sound of the rumbling sound of thunder.

They watched as the clouds light up before lightning struck down onto the ground, echoing with a loud crack.

"Let's go. We gotta go. Come on." Thomas says, tapping Newt and pulling him forward.

"Come on! Let's go, come on!" Everyone shouted to each other the best they could as they grabbed their bags and started running.

Thomas yelled at them all to hurry up as they got closer to what looked like an abandoned factory where Thomas saw the lights.

Lightning strook all around them, shaking the ground a little as it hits, getting closer and closer.

"Hurry!" Thomas yelled.

"Go!" Teresa shouts to them.

"Keep moving. Let's go!" Jade yelled as they ducked down to miss the lightning that struck above them.

They all ran as fast as they could, dodging the cars and rubble scattered around the floor. Everyone split up, running around things to escape the lightning.