Chapter Ten: A Date Below the Stars

We landed on the moon. The Doctor wanted me to go outside with him, but I declined, reminding him I was previously tired. "Oh, alright," he says, "that's fine." He turns and looks at his reflection in the console, fixing his bow tie. "Bow ties are cool," he tried to convince himself. "Okay, Doctor, say what you will," I smirked, and he sarcastically grimaced at me, "goodnight."

I turned and left to go to my room, and found it. First, I looked through my clothes for an outfit, and once I found one, I set it on the dresser. It was a black loose tank top with a black polka-dot bra and shorts that tie in the front, and I chose a pair of vans that had appeared in my dresser, where the shoes and other accessories were kept. I found a headband with cat ears on them (my favorite kind, too) and thanked the TARDIS for what she was doing. I placed my old clothes in a hamper the Doctor had hung on the door earlier when the room was created to be washed later.

I turned the lights off and climbed into my bed.

I was sprawled across the floor of the main room in the TARDIS, near the console. I stood. "Doctor?" I asked, scared, though I didn't know why. "Doctor, are you there?" My questions stopped when I turned and looked opposite the front doors of the TARDIS and down the hall. The Doctor stood there, red bow tie and all, covered in blood. I wanted to rush to him and ask if he was okay, but I couldn't. A feeling of danger emanated off of him, as if it wasn't him the one bleeding. Then, so quietly, and slow slowly, I saw a hand appear from around the corner behind him. Then, a head... Then a face. It was a man I didn't recognize, probably someone random I saw in public. "H...help m..me...." He whispered so quietly. His body was pulled into the picture as the Doctor stepped back against the wall, letting the man come out further. I noticed he was bleeding horribly. There were gashes on his face and torso from what I could see. I flashed back to the Doctor, whose wide green eyes stared at me with hatred. At that moment, I realized there was a knife in his hand, covered in blood. When the man fully rounded the corner, I saw the full image... He had no legs. They had been cut off, and there was a trail of thick blood following him. I was too disgusted and shocked to even feel hungry. Then, the Doctor stepped over the man and placed his right foot on the back of the man's head. "No, please--"

I still heard the sound of the man's skull crushing under the Doctor's foot as I woke up, screaming. My bed was soaked with sweat and my eyes were stained with tears. Nobody came in, so I was left to cry in my room, alone.

What felt like an hour later, I had taken a shower and just exited the bathroom, the TARDIS door opened as I saw the Doctor in an orange space suit. "I see you're awake," he said, taking off the helmet. "Yes, I had another nightmare," I replied, "and I would prefer not to tell you what it was if that's okay with you."

"Yes, if you don't feel comfortable telling me that's fine." He started getting undressed, throwing the suit on the ground and taking off the under clothes he wore for it. All I did was stare as he ran around like a chicken, looking for his clothes. Suddenly, he looked up at me, looked me right in the eye, and asked:

"Did you take my clothes?"

The answer was no, but I blushed so hard I think all of the blood in my body rushed to my cheeks. I looked him right in the eye, wanting to look down but also too nervous to. I shook my head side to side as he continued staring at me. He came closer, seeming to think I was lying, and when he got too close to me I backed away, blushing even harder and shutting my eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked, which should have been painfully obvious. With my eyes still closed, I almost shouted, "You're naked!" "So? Why should it bother you?" My eyes were still glued shut. "Open your eyes for goodness sake! I'm just finding clothes," I heard from across the room and opened my eyes. He was no longer right in front of me, but turning the hallway and heading to a different room. I didn't bother following him. "Ah, found them! Right on my bed," he shouted from down the hall. I heard shuffling and then he came around the corner, putting on his tan jacket and checking for his screwdriver. I found mine in my jacket pocket as well. "What would you like to do today then? We can go anywhere. We can go all the way to the year five billion, or back to the start of time... Anywhere! Where do you want to go?"