-3-

Julie's pov.

"Are you alright?"

My eyes open in shock, my hand immediately moves away from my Arm.

I turn my head to see who just spoke to me only to find out it's one from the friend group.
He has non asian features too.

"Ah, yeah, I'm fine."

I politely say, looking away again wanting to end this conversation as soon as possible.

"Wait. Aren't you the girl from earlier? The one that bumped into Beomgyu? He won't stop talking about it omg it's so funny."

He laughs while saying that. I don't answer, I just don't know what to say- I mean I don't understand why he is so nice when this Beomgyu guy seems to be such an ass. But he seems so genuine.

"I'm so happy someone finally matched his attitude, It's so funny. No one ever speaks to him like that...

For a moment he looked thoughtful, almost as if he thought about adding something but then deciding against it. huh?

...What was your name again? I'm Hueningkai btw but you can just call me Kai!"

He smiles at me, kinda cute.

"He pissed me off so bad I just had to. I'm Julie by the way. How come you are here?"

"I lost rock paper scissor and had to get drinks, but now that I've met you I'm happy I had to. Nice to meet you!"

"How come you are so nice to me?"

This question just wouldn't stop wandering around my head.

I regret asking this as soon as he sat down next to me. Why can't I just enjoy being alone in peace?

"You know, we may be popular but we are not terrible human beings. All our parents are rich which made us immediately popular- its so weird to actually think about it... And I know Beomgyu seems like the biggest ass but trust me he can really be a nice guy once you get to know him!"

Well I don't want to get to know him.

he pauses for a moment and then looks at me before continuing.

"Everyone in this school treats us like gods and to be honest even though it has its positive sides it also sucks."

he pauses for a moment

"You never know what's genuine and what isn't, it's a gamble."

He got so serious all of a sudden, it seems to really hurt him.

"Oh-"

Is all I manage to say.
Looking down to the floor I feel him standing up.

"It was really nice talking to you Julie, But I have to go, or they will get suspicious on why I'm taking so long. See you!"

He runs off with the drinks and I just watch as he does so. He seems surprisingly really kind.

Ding dong

It's time for the next lesson but I don't feel like going. I just wander around the halls. Making my next turn, I want to immediately turn back around. There they are, walking, all 5 of them.