Chapter 7- Sacrifice

Haerin POV

     "This has to be the right decision. It makes sense for both of us. I can't have romantic relationships as an idol, and y/n deserves someone who can constantly be at his side, even if I really wish that person was me," I reasoned to myself, trying to give myself the courage to walk to Min Hee-jin's office while suppressing the voices in my heart telling me something was wrong.

     Before I knew it, I had already arrived at the floor Min Hee-jin's office was located.

     Seeing me, the CEO of ADOR questioned, "Haerin, why are you here? Shouldn't you be practicing?"

     Seeing how Min Hee-jin wore a worried look on her face as she glanced at me, the coaches had undoubtedly informed her of my poor performances in the past few weeks. 

     "Sorry for bothering you, Ms. Hee-jin," I bowed. Then, more hesitantly, I started, "I thought about it last night, and you were right." I was still a little afraid of my CEO after my rudeness to her that night. "I'd like to ask for your advice and help in ending the relationship..."

     As I attempted to explain my thought process, Min Hee-jin smiled at me proudly with a big smile on her face. After finishing, I played with the hem of my shirt out of nervousness. "I'm really sorry for being rude to you when you were trying to give me advice," I apologized to her once again.

     "Don't worry about it, we're almost like family, Haerin," Min Hee-jin told me. "I'll arrange a time for you where you can explain everything to Y/n and formally end things with him." She paused for a bit before continuing, "I also apologize for what I said to you that night; I was too harsh, but I just really wanted you to understand the situation you're in." 

     Surprised that the CEO was apologizing to me personally, I got flustered. "I-It's okay, there's no need for you to apologize to me when you've helped me out so much, Ms. Hee-jin.

     As I stood up to leave, Min Hee-jin again smiled brightly at me and said, "Haerin, you've grown up so much. I'm so proud of you for coming around. You made the correct decision, and I'm sure you won't regret it."

"Thank you," I replied politely, faking a smile. My mouth suddenly became dry. Not wasting any time, I quickly exited the room, trying to put as much distance between me and Min Hee-jin as I felt feelings of emptiness overwhelm me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Shorter chapter sorry. Next 2 chapters is when the plot will probably start changing from the original version of this story.