Chapter 1 ~ Prologue

As the sun began to set on the beautiful horizon, the sound of shots and gunfire faded through the air as blood splattered, staining the dirt and clothes of the four tired military men. Out of the four, the blue-eyed man with a boonie hat, and green Dragon Wing pressed the push-to-talk button on the small walkie-talkie that was attached to his vest, speaking into it with a fair British accent, "Gaz, this is Bravo 0-6, over." After a fair moment, another lighter British voice picked up through the radio: "Go a'ead, boss, over."

'Bravo 0-6': "Bring down the chopper, over."

'Gaz': "On it, over."

'Bravo 0-6': "Roger, out"

The man with the boonie hat, now identified as 'bravo 0-6', removed his hand from the walkie-talkie, ending the communication, looking over at his other three teammates, one with a menacing large frame and a black balaclava with a skull face plate stitched into the balaclava. Another being a shorter but stockier build, though wearing no mask, had a simple mohawk with blue eyes and a brown wolf tail. And the last was more lean than the others but had noticeable bug antennas sticking out their beige helmet, wearing dark goggles, and a mask to cover their face.

Bravo 0–6 took a simple glance between them with a simple silent nod, letting the three know the chopper would be there soon to take them back to base. The man with the Mohawk spoke up to Bravo 0-6, having a raspy, gritty Scottish accent and speaking with an eager tone, their tail swishing back and forth in a slow, curious manner. "So, Price, are we pickin' up that new recruit when we get back, or are we headin' straight to the next mission? Or dae ye hae somethin' else entirely in mind?"

Bravo 0-6, better known as Captain Price, turned his attention back to the man speaking with a fatherly but serious voice, "Perhaps Soap." He spoke to the man with a mohawk, identifying them as Soap.

Captain Price: "I ain't gotta answer your questions, I've already sorted out me schedule with Laswell for this week, so unless summat drastic pops up, I'm free this week, apart from the paperwork, and I'll be takin' time to train and evaluate the new recruit, who should be arrivin' today."

Soap didn't respond verbally and gave Captain Price a nod and thumbs up with a cheeky grin before looking up at the man with the skull balaclava.

It didn't take long before the wiring sounds of the helicopter landed, stirring up dust and dirt along with the loud sounds within the wind. Before the engine stirred itself to a halt, one of the doors on the chopper opened, and a dark-skinned man with brown harpy wings and talons stepped out the open door of the helio with an eager wave towards the group. "Capt." He spoke toward Captain Price with a familiar British accent. "Gaz"

Gaz: "It's been a bit since the five of us ever went on a calmer mission together. Honestly, I kinda missed it."

Captain Price: "I'll tell ya now, Gaz, we'll 'ave more missions comin' up together at some point; but fer now, ya got a week off, but don't be thinkin' ya can just laze around or party 'cause there ain't no missions. Ya still gotta be a soldier. Don't be takin' this free week for granted. Soap, Gaz, I'm talkin' to you two in particular."

Gaz tilted his head and smirked, glancing back towards Soap, whose cheeky grin quickly shifted to a more pouty expression that sort of read 'yeah yeah', as Soap gave a mere grunt in response with a shrug, letting out a sigh from his nose. It was clear to both Soap and Gaz that Price knew them very well, especially when it came to their behavior during free time.

Gaz: "Yeah, mate, we both swear to behave ourselves."

Gaz replied with a confident smirk on his face, which only grew as Gaz noticed Soap's reaction as well. Soap's expression shifted into a small smirk and a faint chuckle. Gaz and Soap both knew that they would certainly use this time to partake in various activities of questionable nature and behavior. Soap also found it amusing that they'd heard this from Price many times before but still, most of the time did it anyways, despite hearing the same thing over and over again in almost a routine at that point.