Chapter 2 ~ Discussion

Sitting in an office was Price, sitting back against the dark black chair, thinking to himself before he got a call from Laswell, glancing over at the cellphone before, with an exhausted sigh, reaching up and grabbing the phone. With a click of a button, he answered the call, bringing the phone up to his ear and speaking in a gruff voice.

>'Go ahead, Laswell'

Laswell's voice could be heard over the phone, perhaps sounding even a little irritated.

>'Well, there's a new application for the SAS. I've already prepared their file and background report. I just need you to give them an evaluation and determine if you think they'll be a good fit.

I'll bring the paper copies by later today.'

As Price glanced towards his closed laptop, he sighed, opening the device and getting the digital file for the new application's background report and file resume. As Price skimmed over the basics of the file, listening to Laswell's voice on the other end go silent, Taking the last drag of his cigar before taking it out of his mouth, putting it out, and leaning back in his chair with a sigh, he placed a hand on his forehead as it slid down to massage the bridge of his nose as his green dragon tail flicked in annoyance, speaking back into the phone.

>'A Wendigo? A Bloody Wendigo Hybrid? In the SAS, are you pulling my leg, Kate? Fine, we'll see. If they're just like their file, they'll be tough, but this might just work. What's their reasoning for joining the SAS anyway?'

Laswell's tone over the phone was quite sharp when she responded to Price.

>'They want to join, and they applied; that's why. Now don't go judging them just because they might be a Wendigo hybrid. They've come quite a long way, Price.'

Price sighed as he took a pause, lighting another cigar and taking a deep drag before leaning back in his chair, getting comfortable because he could already tell today was going to be a long day.

>'Don't get cheeky with me, Laswell. I never said I was gonna turn down this bloke's application; I just wanna know why the bloody hell a Wendigo is in the SAS. But, y'know, it's not like I ain't seen weirder things in me life. So, alri', I'll meet 'em.'

Laswell scoffed over the phone. Her tone is calmer now, but still annoyed.

>'Alright, alright, just at least try not to judge them too much, will you?'

Price took another deep drag from his cigar with a chuckle, speaking with a joking tone.

>'Right, right. An' if I get et by a wendigo... I'm gonna haunt your arse til' the end of time. Got it?'

Laswell laughed softly before speaking in a lighter tone.

>'Alright, It sounds good to me. I'll see you later.'

Price sighed, ending the call and leaning back in his chair, taking another drag from his cigar before looking at the computer and opening the file.

"Welp, let's see who I'm going to be meeting... and how many enemies am I going to make by letting a damn Wendigo in..."

As Price reads through the file now thoroughly, reading the full thing and everything he can about the Wendigo Hybrid, his expression stays blank when he comes to a concerning but good part of Rei's abilities are dependent on bloodlust and a monster form. He begins to take mental notes on how this might be good for certain situations, but it is a terribly bad thing since it gives Rei a very real and close chance of losing control and hurting an innocent person or their teammate's. Despite his worries, he truly was impressed.