21-"Where is this coming from?"

He just admitted it.

Chace just admitted to actually liking me! And the fact that I actually like the idea of him liking me because I think I like him too.

"And that's meant to be a bad thing?" I ask

"Kie, come on, I can't afford anything real yet" he looks straight at me

"Oh, right" I nod my head in agreement despite not understanding the situation

"You know already, I got a lot on my plate right now with my dad and my family and-"

I don't even get it. Based on what he's told me, the main issue is just with his dad so why does he keep mentioning his family like there's something more to it.

"Chace, it's fine, you don't need to explain why you can't like me" I let out a fake chuckle

"No, kie,I want us to talk about it" he tells me. "Kie, it's not that I can't like you... I already like you but I just don't want to take it further because if I do, I am not going to be able to give you the perfect treatment and always be there for you like you deserve"

"Chace, it's really fine, you don't have to explain, you need your space and that's understandable" I give him a small smile.

I should be given the award for best in hiding tears, pain and sadness with light chuckles and smiles.

"But then there's a problem... I won't be okay if someone else comes into your life to try to give you all that I can't give you" he turns his entire body to face me then stares closely at me and that statement makes me a bit mad

"You're too occupied with your things to like me but yet you'll have a problem with someone who's not?" I ask

"Kierra, do you like me back?"

"You can't just ask me that" I immediately say

"I sincerely want to know"

"Yes, Chace, I think I like you too" I admit and I see the two edge of his lips twitch up a bit, almost like he was trying to hide a blush.

"So do you just want to take things slow and see where it all leads?"

"That has to be the most blurry statement ever made"

"We're two people that like each other and we're already in a fake relationship which we can sort of use as an advantage... except that we will be taking things more slowly just so none of us gets hurts in the process"

"I-"

"Sorry, just hold up, before you disagree, I just want to let you know that I actually really like you and I'm dealing with some things right now but I'm still willing to let you more into my life just so you don't slip away because you're really amazing and I would never forgive myself if I let you go"

I take about a minute to think about his statement before I decide to say something.

"I may not understand everything that you're saying but I get that you want things slow so let's just see where it all  ends" I tell him and he gives me a small smile before he leans in to kiss me.

After a while, we get to Max's house. His mum comes to open the door for us and then we walk in.

Getting to Max's living room, we see him on the couch, watching TV.

"Your mum is so nice for letting you watch TV even after what you did to yourself" I say to him. Once he sees that I'm around, he smiles.

"I knew you couldn't do a day without seeing me" Max asserts as he stands up, walks up to me and opens his arms for a hug.