CHAPTER 1 "An elite menagerie." (DAILY LIFE PART 3)

On my way back, I noticed Kirito riding on Sora's back while she carried equipment.

"Onwards, clown! Those tatsucoins shall be mine!"

"Hey, we agreed that we'd share!"

"Of course," the puppeteer smirked, "30 to 70. Sounds fair?"

"That's what I thought!" She huffed.

"What are you two doing now?" I moseyed on over to them.

Kirito scooted higher against Sora, who adjusted her arms higher to accommodate for the new position. "My loyal folllower and I are in the midst of making preparations for thy puppeth show!"

If this guy was gonna speak all Shakespearian like, he could at least read up on it to get it right... "Cool. You know where Yuji is? I didn't see him go back to the dorms."

"Nah, but, but, Mari had asked to borrow his fullbody mirror, and She's in Hayato's room." Sora replied, bending her knees up in down slight as if she wanted to get back to hopping around with Kirito on her back. The bells of Kirito's hat jingled accordingly with her sudden movements.

"Ah. Apperciate it then, guys." I awkwardly waved them goodbye and got back to my objective.

Mari doesn't seem like the kind of girl to be easy to talk to, but we'll see.

~

Mari's hip rested on the door. "And WHO told you to show up here? It better not have been that doll freak and his bimbo brute!"

"Bimbo must be your favorite word. Is it because you hear it often?"

Oops. Did I say that out loud?

"Watch it, bitch." She crossed her arms up at me, "just because you're 'famous' and somewhat...pretty in an ugly way.. doesnt mean you can talk down to me.

"Ok, ok, that came out wrong. My bad." I backed down. "Think you can you step aside though? I want to ask Hayato something and then I'll be out of your hair."

"Hayato's busy." She sneered snapping her head back to Hayato, who had atopped momentarily once I entered. "RIGHT?"

"Y-yeah.." Came Hayato's shriveled response.

"Free labor. Not surprised." I noted humorlessly.

"A pretty gals gotta have a pretty outfit! Im going for a ballet style dance and Hayato's the perfect sewing machine for this sorta job."

"Th-thank you...! That's the nicest thing anyone's said about me..!" He looked genuinely touched. He sure changed his tune fast.

"...This is disturbing. Hayato, blink 4 tines if you're in danger."

Hayato's eyes widened as he shook his head vigorously. "Oh no no, Miss Lunar. It's fine, really..! I-I've been moved by Mari's persistence." He stood from his station and scrambled over to us. "Im glad to be of some use...! E-especially to a lady friend...!"

Mari's nose crinkled up, "yeah. Keep telling yourself that.."

I cupped my chin. "You know, your other lady pals in a pickle herself. I gotta know where Yuji is."

"O-oh, its funny you ask, we had just spoken to Yuji and-"

Mari stood in the middle of us.
"Ah, ah ah! Yuji told moi not to tell anyone about where he was going! That means you too!"

"Ugh , Mari, don't do this to me," My shoulders slumped heavy with defeat.

"I trust you're a lady of her word, so go on, shoo!" She jabbed a finger against my sternum. I swat her wrist away, annoyed.