~11~

Thomas rushed over to the noise that he could tell was Brenda as she searched through draws and banged them shut. "Brenda, come on. What are you doing?"

She opened up another draw and found the thing she had been looking for a small metal tin, almost a looka like to a mint tin. "We gotta go!"

"I got it!"

"Come on! Shit."

Thomas grabbed ahold of her dragging her with him.

They turned the corner to see Wicked soldiers. They pointed their guns at them, but Brenda was quick and started shooting her gun at them. "Go! Go!"

They jump of debris dodging the flying bullets. Running down some stairs, they see more soldiers running in their direction.

Brendas eyes look around desperately, trying to find a way out. Her eyes landed on the structure beams, and she immediately made her way towards them. "Here, follow me! Come on!"

Thomas was right behind her grunting with every more he made struggling to keep his balance like Brenda.

A guard follows them onto the beams, getting his fun ready and loaded,"Kid, dont move!" He shouted to Thomas, who had already stopped to look back.

"Brenda, where are we going?!" Thomas yells, turning to see her jumping up, grabbing onto a beam above her and pulling herself up onto that one. "Hurry! The songs almost over!"

Thomas begins following again, and just as he does, the ground shakes due to explosions throwing him into the railing. Sparks fly, and people scream. He turns to look back at the damage of the part of the building that just collasped. "Come on!"

Slowly, the rest of the building starts to collapse from behind. "Thomas, come on!"

Brenda runs forward with Thomas following behind her, the roof crashing down. At the same time, they jump onto a wire and slide down just in time as the building collapses right where they were standing.

They jump out of the way just as a bunch of debris crashes down the hole they just went down.

The force causes them to land hard on the ground, coughing violently as dirt and sparks fly around them. Brenda turns on her flashlight on pointing around as they struggle to stop coughing.

"Are you okay?" She managed to ask through her slower coughs.

"Oh yeah, great." Thomas grunted, picking himself up into a seated position.

Brenda shines the flashlight around at the exits, showing them all blocked. "No. No, how are we gonna get back to the others?" He says, panicking.

"Relax, im gonna get us out of here." She says, digging through her bag and pulling out another flashlight. "Here."

Thomas turns it on, flashing it around, "Why are you helping us?"

"Trust me, it's not my idea. Jorge thinks that you guys are our ticket to the safe haven."

"The what?" Thomas asks, getting irritated about all the things he doesn't know about.

"You know, paradise. Safe from the sun, free of infection." She winced in pain swinging her bag back on. "Supposedly, the right arms been taking kids there for years. Immunes anyway."

Brenda stands up, brushing herself off, flashing the light around again. "You know where that is?"

"No. Jorge knows a guy. Marcus." They begin walking, searching around for an exit but sticking close together. "He used to smuggle kids up into the mountains."

She grunted, throwing a crate to the side, barely missing Thomas. "If Jorge made it out, that's where he'll be taking your friends."

"If he made it out?"

"You know what? You ask a lot of questions. Can you just come over here and help me with this? ...Please?" She asks, nodding her head to the drain,

Thomas walks towards Brenda, helping him lift up a heavy swewer drain. The second they push it to the side, they heard a screech. "Well, that doesn't sound good."

Brenda looks up at him. "Yeah. Down here, they'll be full term." She swallows a few times,"Let's go." She jumps down first, bending her knees as she hit the wet ground. She shone the flashlight down the tunnels, hearing the boy drop down next to her.

Brenda goes through a tunnel on their right, and he follows close behind. They had to duck down, seeing as they couldn't stand.

When they finally exited the tunnel and they could finally stand, she shone the flashlight down the two tunnels.

"I think it's this way."

Thomas' eyes widen. "You think?"