chapter II

"Are we almost there?" I say with a noisy groan due to the beaming sunli--ght searing on my face causing me to shield myself

-ght searing on my face causing me to shield myself.

"Almost." My brother akin replies whilst drumming his slender fingers on the steering wheel mimicking the beats of the shitty song playing stridently in the background.

Huffing. I tilt my head up, facing the roof of the car. I put in my earphones, and rest my eyes attempting to block out my brothers now high voice singing along to the song. And my problems.

My mom worked so hard to get me here. So therefore I have to make her proud. I promised her.

After twenty agonizing minutes pass by, I feel my brothers hand harshly jabbing my arm as he let's out, "cmon sahara desert, were here." Now making his way out of the vehicle, and heading towards the trunk to haul out my belongings.

I inwardly sigh at the nickname akin loves to call me since we were six, knowing how much I despise it.—
— Sauntering to where akin is now, I ubruptly pause, placing both hands on my hips, watching his slim body attempt to carry out the heavy bags and failing miserably.

chuckling to myself with an annoyed akin beside me, I lean forward in the trunk and grab the small brown duffel bag with the letters 'LV' imprinted on it. I pause to give akin a side glance, then force my feet to move towards the huge building up ahead of us.

"Are you seriously only carrying that one bag?" Akin let's out in utter disbelief, judgement written all over his face. "It has makeup." I shrug simply while walking backwards with the bag hanging loosely around my index finger.

Making my way towards the open glass door that leads to the dorms, my eyes roam everything in sight. From the lounge a few feet away, to the vintage looking elevator, to the small cute pot of flowers on the table, to the vending machine on the far lef- "can I help you?" A lady clears her throat, cutting off my moment of admiration.

Looking to my left, I find a lady sitting behind an old wooden desk. Her eyes burning a hole on my features behind her small clear eyeglasses. "Can I help you?" She says again, this time with irritation declaring off her words.

"uh yeah, I'm here for the dorms?" I reply, unsure of what to say. "Name?" She answers sternly. "Sahar," I say, "Sahar Nazaal to be exact." Waiting for a reply back, hoping she'll just give me the keys without uttering another word. "No need to be exact dear, you're the only Sahar here." She chuckles while bending down to fetch my keys, im assuming.

"Fucking finally." I hear akin say with a sigh as he drops my bags with a loud thud echoing through the dorms lobby. "Oh dear God, what do you think you're doing?" The old lady rises up from her chair and walks up to akin and my now demolished bags.

akin's features form into confusion before the lady points outside to the huge luggage carts organizedly sitting in a line before saying, "you put the bags there." With a disappointed look.