the beach

April the 25th

1983

5:28pm

it's only been around 2 weeks since Kirk became the new guitarist of my brothers band,Metallica.  everything's been good other than Dave always coming out of the blue to cuss us out or even worse,go after Kirk anytime he sees him in public,it slowy caused Kirk to become paranoid every time he goes out. 

today we were going to the beach,it was only about 3 blocks away from mine and James house. James and I lived together since i graduated. James was only 4 years older than me. since little kids me and James always  relied on each other whenever our dad was drunk. we would always hide in the closet, it got so bad that we even had to sleep there for the night.

our mom was always gone,i didn't even know the women. i would sometimes see her but it would always be in the kitchen either drinking her ass off or fighting with my dad.  one time when i was 11 i saw my mom in the kitchen drinking some jack Daniels, the kitchen was dark and the only source of light was the small little kitchen light that barely showed any light.

i could see my mom sitting at the kitchen table,crying to herself. i felt pity for her,i felt pity for the old hag who would only drink her life away , i felt pity for the women who would only show up once a week, i felt pity for the women who only fought with my dad every time she gets the chance. i felt pity for my mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as me and boys packed I relized that Kirk wasn't here yet. I walked back in the house to go looking for him, I went up to his room and knocked on his door, "Kirk,you in here" I said loud enough for him to hear me thru the door. I could hear him walking around the room, "am coming in..." I said just making sure I am not invading his privacy.

when I entered his room the first thing I saw a bookshelf FILLED with some comic books. I always knew Kirk loved horror comics,but I didn't know he loved them this much,well who am I to judge we all have this unhealthy obsession. I looked around and saw Kirk sitting in his chair,he looked a bit scared. "hey we've been waiting for you for the past 10 minutes,whats taking you so long?..." I stood in front of him.

I noticed his head was down, his right leg was moving up and down. "I can't go..." he said softly but it was muffled a bit. I raised a brow in confusion 'why not? it was your idea to go?" I bent down a bit so I can hear him better.

he looked up at me he had these sort brown eyes that could make you die in seconds,his eye were perfect to me. his eyes were these beautiful dark brown eyes that were just so in chanting to me,I was in awe of this man,I was in awe with this beautiful man.

"I just can't y/n...am scared...what if Dave shows up again an attacks me again...what if he attacks the guys...what if he attacks you y/n..." he had this pleading look in his eyes,his eyes were a bit red like if he was crying. I hated when people cried,not because it was sad it was because I didn't know how to comfort them. 

"Look... I appreciate all your concern and all but... You gotta let all of that go Kirk... Everything is gonna be fine... Okay?" I said in a reassuring tone. He had to know everything was gonna be okay while we're in the beach, plus am not trying to waste a perfect Monday.

he nodded slowly and smiled.he got up and hugged you "okay fine..I'll go...but only for you y/n" he said with a hint of sarcasm. I hugged him back,I never really liked hugs but when it comes to Kirk I can never say no to a hug. "good...cuz am not trying to waste a perfect monday..." I said sarcastically.