THE SUN AND THE MOON (yunas pov)

The Sun and the Moon

Royalty pt. 2 1/2 (Yuna's pov)

As far as I can remember, I felt hatred towards me. I don't know why or what I did to make people look at me the way they do. I have a mother, no father and my mother will not speak about him. It's a topic she would never utter. I've grown up poor, but somehow I still have nice things. Gorgeous clothing, jewelry, a carved jade bracelet, and a handful of guards. They follow me everywhere outside the walls of the place I call home. I could never go outside in my beautiful things, I don't know why I can't but I don't question it. I've learned not to question how things are around here. I never have any money and barely enough to eat. My mother is barely around, always at a tavern, asleep or just gone. It's soundless when she's gone, I like the quiet.

On the outside of my home, it is broken down and looks as if it could collapse. Although, on the inside, the halls are pristine and clean due to me always being forced to clean them. The halls are empty, always empty. Nothing but me to wander them. There's only two bedrooms, mine and my mothers. A small kitchen and table in one opening. Cushions on the floor next to it. In my room, I have a curtain concealing my room. It's open but it gives me privacy at times. I have a desk and two cushion-chairs, a bedding on the floor and a shelf filled with my cherished jewelry and books. My clothes are hidden away in a box beside my bed.

Sometimes I wish I had a brother or a sister, just to ease the pain of loneliness. Or even someone besides the guards and my teacher to talk to me. I've never made a friend as I'm not usually allowed out of these walls, only on special occasions. Which only my teacher or mother can make. I yearn for the touch of another, the communication and understanding. To love and cherish someone. To be respected and adored. I dream of it so often, I want it so badly.

There was a time two years ago, where a man truly saw me. Understood me with his eyes. He was around my age, dressed like a high noble. I discovered him walking back when I sneaked out one time. He was laying on the floor unconscious. I raced over to him and kneeled down beside him, I caressed the side of his face to see if he would awaken. His eyes slowly opened and I smiled in relief, "are you hurt?" I spoke softly to him and he just stared up at me. Stared so harshly, it made me so hyper aware of myself. But it wasn't a judgment or anything bad behind his gaze, it was just perfect. Perfection as he analyzed for something behind my eyes, something hidden inside of me.

"Felix?" I heard a boy yell from a distance and the boy in front of me turned to the direction. I assumed it was his name and decided he was okay enough to leave. I scooted away from him. "Chan?" He called out and attempted to get himself up. I picked myself up and left, I don't think he noticed my presence leaving him as he didn't call for me. The way he looked at me that day, is a look I strive to find again. I want someone to look at me like that again.
~

I'm sitting in my room, staring off into oblivion when someone slaps my desk. "Are you even paying attention?" Mr. Han questions me. He is my literacy and dance teacher, normally lowly common girls don't get an education. But my mother found a way, she always does. He sighs heavily, "I'm going to need to know that you've grasped the lessons, I need to know if you want to work for somewhere higher than a marketplace shop." I don't get why he's so upset, the marketplace is wonderful and lively. "Why don't you walk around, hm? Get some fresh air and clear your mind." I sat in a slump watching him pull something out of his pocket. "Why don't you take this, write something down or draw something. Anything to show me some progress.. please."

I poured my lips forward as I grabbed the small book he handed me. The pages are blank, awaiting some sort of use. I got up and walked out of my bedroom, a guard appeared out of the shadows. I rolled my eyes, "it's an assignment, don't follow me!" I stormed past him and out of the front door. The wind instantly hit me, I shivered and pulled up my brown scarf over my head. My boring brown scarf to my appalling beige dress. Dressed like everyone else. I decided to take the long route to stroll past the palace. It's my favorite place to look at. Although I can't see much, I can imagine what it seems like. I stared up at the palace walls, wondering how it is to live there. To be royalty or noble, to matter in the world. To be destined for greatness. But that's not me, I'm just a lowly peasant with a dream of being something else. Sigh, the things you do to keep you sane…