he was drifting away

I'm currently in New York

There was an emergency meeting and I was sitting in a room full of agitated people who couldn't wait to go home.

"Okay let's talk about trades," I was sitting in this meeting sharing ideas and taking in information about different players. Analyzing a list of who would be our start-up players and whether we needed our social media team to step up their game. "Channing, we need a new Professional social media coordinator added to the Yankees so if you can find someone that would be amazing," said Jessica.

"I'll work on that," I said writing it down. After an hour of talking and writing this down, I walked over to Jessica, "So I looked while you were talking and the Giants just lost their social media coordinator about three weeks ago. She did very well honestly, their videos on any platform were always blowing up." She smiled at me closed the door after everyone was done walked out.

"I know I can count on you, love. I hope my job will one day be handed to you. It's something I know you can handle. Interview her, but remember that I would like you to imagine her working here," she said.

   I felt so proud of myself in this moment.

Two weeks later

  "I want to introduce our new social media coordinator to all of you. Her name is Millie," I told the group standing in front of me. As I watched the group interact with Millie, and saw how comfortable she became with them, I knew right away that I had made the right choice in hiring her.

I picked up my bag and Jessica gave me a quick hug. I had told her last week that I was heading to Baku for the race. Zak was waiting for me and I had to make it on time. My dad has been all over the Formula 1 fan pages mainly because he's been seen talking to Lewis.

After saying goodbye to Jessica, I grabbed my bag and went to my apartment. I only had an hour to get to the private jet, so as soon as I arrived at my place, my driver was waiting for me. He helped me with my luggage so I could make it to the airport on time.

When I got to the airport, the staff was quick to take my bags and get them loaded up on the plane I was about to board. They know how to roll out the red carpet for a frequent flyer.

A black SUV came and whisked me right up to the front of the plane. As I strutted up the stairs and onto the jet, I couldn't help but notice someone had gotten a little too comfortable in my designated seat.

I cleared my throat pointedly, also giving them a well-practiced side-eye. "Excuse me, I do believe you're in my spot; and on my jet," I said, my tone dripping with polite mockery.

to my surprise, as he pulled off his hoodie and sunglasses, I realized it was none other than Lando. "Calm down there, sassy pants," he said with a smirk. "Your dad sent us all on this plane."
Wait, "us"? My curiosity was piqued. "So help me, if I keep walking down to the other rooms on this jet, I'm going to find the rest of you, aren't I?" I said, narrowing my eyes.

Lando stood up, towering over me, and gave me a knowing look. "Oh, you're in for a real surprise then," he said, licking his lips in that annoyingly attractive way of his.

I rolled my eyes dramatically, feeling like a petulant child. So much for a relaxing flight. Before I could even sit down, I heard a chorus of voices calling my name. "MILA!" the group of boys yelled in sync.

"Alright, that's it! You all need to pipe down right now," I declared, dropping into my seat and reclining it with a huff. "I've been working my butt off day and night for the past two weeks, and I'm not in the mood for any of your shenanigans."
Pierre chimed in with a teasing lilt, "Oooh, someone's a little grumpy."