𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒~🥀𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 & 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠🥀

-Alastor's POV-

I rolled my eyes and let out a small laugh as Y/N left the library.

I sat up from my chair, going to examine more books when I found one that caught my attention.

"Salem's Lot" it read.

I flipped it open and immediately recognized the author, Stephen King.

I've read a few of his books before, enjoying the terror and gore in great detail, recalling how hard I used to laugh with every chapter.

I smiled to myself and started flipping through its pages.

I reached the back and saw an advertisement for one of his new books.
"'The Shining!' Releasing to your local bookstores soon!"

Perhaps our library already has it?

I tucked the book underneath my arm and skimmed the horror section for his book.
Hm...nothing yet.

That's when I heard the library door creak open.
"Y/N?" I called out.

I heard a girlish giggle. "You wish! What's up Al?" I heard Charlie ask.

"Do we have this book?" I asked, holding out the advertisement.

Charlie inspected it for a second before shaking her head. "Mmm...no, I don't think so...I can look for when it releases though," she said, pulling out her hellphone.

I waited patiently and she finally held out an article caption.

"Only a week from now and it'll be released at our local library," she said. "Though it looks like they've only managed to get one pre-ordered copy...wow, nearly every demon wants to get their hands on that book..."

"Shame that I'll be the first one to read it then," I said confidently.

Charlie chuckled. "Feeling cocky today, huh?"

"Just stating what's factual princess," I said with a smirk, leaning on my cane.

Charlie playfully rolled her eyes. "Okay, Al...have fun with that," she said, exiting the library.

Smiling to myself, I sat down at the table and started to flip open "Salem's Lot".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: EEEEEEE I got one of my besties to watch Hazbin/Helluva and she simps for Stolas 🥺 (can you blame her?)

(So I sent her some Stolas x reader one shots I wrote, she loved 'em <3)

This is kind of a mini chapter/bonus chapter.

It may seem pointless now but just wait my angels! Patience is key with my books. Everything will make sense in the end.

Cheers!

~earth_angel17 😇