✦~Chapter Seven~ ✦

Oxalis sat criss cross on the bed with a bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other. The spoon held a good scoop of food as she put it in her mouth then said, "how do you not know what jambalaya is? Aren't most demons people from Umbros being punished?" Ulysses cheeks flushed faintly with a pinky hue as he spoke, "hey its not my fault. Usually the demons from Umbros are assholes, cant cook, or reincarnate before i can try their cooking!" oxalis rolls her eyes as a faint smile crosses her lips, even if Ulysses couldn't see it through her hair he knew she was smiling. "Don't smile and laugh at me young lady!" Ulysses says as a warm smile crosses his face. "I'm not laughing," oxalis says waving her spoon at Ulysses then finishes off the rest of the food.

The light hearted conversation was soon interrupted as the two began to hear the sounds of hooves hitting the pavement. The two looked at each other before their attention directed outside in the front of the hotel. The two watched as an elegant carriage halted to a stop outside the hotel before a tall pale man with long black hair and deep purple eyes stepped out of it, wearing a fancy Victorian suit that was black with silver accenting. He held his hand, which was covered in gold and silver rings, up slightly seeming to wait for someone. Not even a second later a woman's hand took it, her long sharp red nails and slender fingers wrapping around the man's veiny hand as the tall looking woman steps out from the carriage. She was tanned with long blonde hair tied up into this almost royal updo, she had a form fitting light green dress that hugged her defined curves. The woman walked in front of the man making their way into the tavern. Oxalis and Ulysses gave each other a look before nodding and Ulysses put all oxalis things away as she got dressed putting her doctor mask on before the two heard a knock.

Ulysses made his way to the door before swinging it open and staring the man and woman straight in the eyes. "Doctor Nyte i presume is the woman you're with," the man says in an almost dead voice as his eyes stared straight at oxalis.

Bonus: Oxalis turns her head like a bird to see most of the time due to half blindness. Many people think it's the mask in the way