One

Arthur was dead.

It was just plain facts to Francis, something he'd known for years. When Arthur never came home, when other nations turned up at his door with somber expressions...

The truth was, Francis wasn't willing to let go. He had accepted the death of his fiance, but Arthur promised that he would always be there. And he died before he could even be called the French man's husband.

He just had to stay alive for one more day. One more, and everything would have been perfect.

Francis sighed and twisted the golden ring on his finger. Smiling longingly. Hoping that one day, one day, Arthur would come knocking on his door.

------------------

Francis was dead.

That was what Arthur was lead to believe. One day, he had wished his fiance goodbye and walked out of the door, simply hoping to practice some magic. But one wrong spell, and he had ended up in a void.

Arthur didn't know how long he had been here. At this point, he couldn't even bring himself to care. The reality was that he was stuck with no way out, the only thing he could do to pass the time was wondering what the others might be doing.

Maybe Francis was sat at the dinner table, worried that Arthur wasn't back yet. Or maybe years had passed, and the only think that remained was a shell of the person he once loved.

He smiled. Maybe they were all gone. Or maybe if he hadn't been such an idiot and just stared as his spell book floated into the void as soon as he got here...

Maybe he could be at home to greet the ones he cared for.

And so, Arthur began searching. Floating through void, trying to find the book he once lost. Lacking motivation and believing it to be a lost cause.
----------
Francis sighed, stirring a spoon around in his drink. Feeling hands grasp his shoulders. Alfred.

"You okay, Dad?"

He forced a smile on his face. "Of course I am, Amerique. Just thinking. Don't worry."

Alfred frowned. "Okay. Just wanted to tell you that I felt like something was off. I think it's the aliens again." And before Francis could object to his statement, the American wandered off.

This left Francis to sit and wonder. Something Alfred claimed he felt was probably irrelevant, but-

"Francis!"

Oh lovely, now he was hallucinating. Arthur was in front of him. Crying. He found himself unable to show any emotion back, having seen hallucinations like this before. Too bad they weren't-

It was then that Arthur hugged him. Actually hugged him. It was then that he felt tears spilling down his face. Arthur hadn't disappeared. For the first time in years, his fiance was stood right in front of him.

Francis smiled. "Welcome back, mon lapin. I believe our wedding is far overdue."

~End~