~15~

"Back it up, Joe!" Sonya yells, leading the group through a tunnel where a truck is blocking the way. The truck backs up, and Sonya leads them over to a different pair of trucks.

"We're taking them to base." Harriet tells one of the guys.

"Wait, so, how'd you guys get here?" Aris asks the two girls.

"The right arm got us out." Harriet explains.

"The right arm?" Thomas asks. "Do you know where they are?"

Harriet smiles, opening up the door to a truck, "Hop in." They all get in the two trucks before driving away.
___________________________________

The trucks pull up to a camp, and everyone piles out, looking at the camp around them.

"They've been planning this for over a year." Harriet leads them further down into the camp. "It's all for us."

"You guys are lucky you found us when you did. We're moving out a first light." Sonya says before turning to a man. "Where's Vince?"

"Somewhere over there, i think." The man replies, pointing towards the edge of camp.

"whos Vince?" Thomas asks as they start walking towards the tents.

"He's the one who decides if you get to stay." Harriet explains.

"I thought the right arm was supposed to be an army." Minho asks after a minute of silence.

"Yeah, we were." A man comes out of the tent and looks them up and down. "This is all that's left of us. A lot of good people have died getting us this far." He looks at Sonya and Harriet. "Who are they?"

"They're immunes, caught them coming up the mountain." Harriet says.

The man who everyone was assuming to be Vince looked back at them. "Did you check them?"

"No, but I know this guy, Aris. I trust him." Harriet says, pointing to Aris.

"Well, i dont." Vince says, looking at the rest of the group. "Check 'em."

"Hey, boss?" One of the right arm guys says, looking at Brenda,

"Brenda!" Jorge yells as Brenda falls to the ground.

Jade turns around, crouching down next to Brenda the same as Jorge.

"What's going on?" Vince asks, looking at her confused.

"Brenda! Talk to me!" Jorge says, holding her in his lap. Jade had her hands cupping her cheeks.

"Brenda, come on, talk to us." She says as Brenda mumbles 'im sorry' over and over again.

"What's going on with her?" Vince asks, crouching down next to the three and putting his hand on Jorges shoulder.

"I dont know. Brenda, are you all right?" Jorge asks.

"What the hell?" Vince mutters, looking at her leg and pulling the bandage down. "Oh shit. Crank! We got a crank!" He yells, stumbling backwards as he pulls a gun out of its holster.

"No!" The boys and Jade yell. The group covers Brenda and Jorge, and Jade pulls out her own gun.

"Wait, wait! Listen, this just happened. She's not dangerous yet!" Thomas yells, getting in between them next to Jades side.

"You shouldn't have brought her here!" He yells back.

"I know." Thomas tries to speak, but Vince cuts him off again.

"If we let cranks in now, the safe haven doesn't last a week! Step back!" Vince yells the gun still pointed at Brenda.

"Let her go!" Jorge yells from where he is being held back by two guys.