~20~

Morning had come, and everyone had begun packing anything they could salvage and putting blankets over the bodies around the camp.

"What do we do now?" Fry asks, looking out over the destroyed camp.

"Well, we pick up what's left of us, stick to the plan, and get you kids to the safe haven." Vince speaks sadly. "And we start over, i guess."

There's a pause. Nobody knows what to say. "Im not going with you."

Everybody looks at Thomas confused. "What?" Vince asks.

"Im not going either." Jade speaks, making everyone turn to her as she walks towards them.

"You're alive." Newt says for them all. He rushes over and gives her a hug, followed by Brenda, Jorge, Harriet, and Fry. Once they all let her go, Vince walks over to her.

"Glad you're alive, kid." He pulls her into a small hug.

"Thanks for keeping me alive."

Jade walks over to Thomas's side, and he gives her a small hug.

"We aren't coming with you guys." Jade says for the both of them.

"I made a promise to Minho. I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go find him." Thomas explains.

"Hey, look around, kid." Vince says, gesturing to the destroyed camp. "All right? Wicked just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed."

"We're not asking anyone to come with me." Thomas says, looking around.

"Thomas, Jade, listen to me." Newt says stepping forward. "I've known Minho for... as long as i can remember. So if there's any way we could help him, trust me, I'd be up there standing next to you both. But this? What you're talking about? It's impossible, and Jade, you almost died a few hours ago."

"It's suicide." Jorge speaks up, stepping towards them with Brenda.

"Maybe, but i know what im supposed to do now." Thomas says, picking up his bag and gun. He sighs, looking around at them. "It's not just about Minho. It's about all of us. It's about everyone Wickeds ever taken."

"Everyone they will take. They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so we're gonna stop them." Jade says, looking around before stopping on Vince.

"Im going to kill Ava paige." Thomas says, also looking at Vince.

"And im going to kill Janson for Minho and Marie and Sonya and Aris." Jade says, looking at each of them separately.

Theres another silence where they all stay quiet looking at Thomas and Jade.

"I have to admit." Harriet says, breaking the silence and walking to Vinces' side, making him look at her. "Id like some revenge."

Vince sighs. "Well, that's a good speech, kids. So what's your plan?"

Everyone looked over to Thomas and Jade. Jade was smirking, and Thomas was looking down thinking before looking up at them all.