Revenge and a Promise of Ten years

In her unconscious state, Maria found herself enveloped in a dream where her mother serenaded her, guiding her over countless bridges

In her unconscious state, Maria found herself enveloped in a dream where her mother serenaded her, guiding her over countless bridges. "Oh mama! How I've missed you!" Maria exclaimed in her mother tongue. Her mother beamed with a loving smile, responding in a language Maria couldn't understand. Despite the unfamiliar words, Maria followed without question or resistance. Yet, as she gazed at her mother, another figure seemed to interpose itself, subtly taking her place. As if her face kept merging with her mother's face.

Maria's steps faltered, and she came to a standstill. A few paces ahead, the woman also paused. When she turned, she was no longer her mother. "Don't be afraid, child. I understand ye mistook me for her, but yer mind sought solace in a familiar face," the woman reassured Maria.

"I- I know your voice! Who are you?" Maria inquired.

"I am known by many titles. The sea, a goddess, a witch, a queen but mostly people know me by me given name. Tia Dalma is what they call me but I have many names." She said with a comforting smile.

"You're the woman, the one Mama Amara talked about." Maria said, a hint of excitement and curiosity flashing in her voice.

"Ah so she spoke of me." She chuckled. "Trust me child, I am here to help you." she added as her arm reached out for her in a welcoming motion for her to follow.

"What happened to me? I was on a ship, and your voice reached out to me. Then, I found myself soaring through time, existing everywhere and nowhere all at once," Maria inquired, surveying her peculiar surroundings.

She stood upon a suspended bridge that bridged two ships, shrouded in an otherworldly fog. Despite the rain relentlessly pounding down and the ships exchanging fire, an inexplicable protective barrier kept them untouched and perfectly dry, encapsulated in their own surreal bubble.

Tia Dalma drew closer to Maria and whispered, "I made a mistake, child. My vision for you may have been too vast, and you inadvertently absorbed more than intended." Maria gazed at the enigmatic woman by her side, a hint of disbelief clouding her expression. Yet, caught in the midst of a reality blended with myth and magic, she took a tentative step forward and posed another question—one Tia herself couldn't be certain about.

"Where are we now?"

After a brief pause, Tia responded, her voice barely audible amidst the cacophony of gunfire and rain, "This is where you seek retribution and revenge."

Time seemed to stretch endlessly as Jack etched a pattern in the sand with his anxious pacing. His concern for Mariana's well-being weighed heavily on him, overshadowed by the looming threat of the Spanish General. The mere idea of Beckett's knowledge of their whereabouts haunted him, weaving threads of worry and desperation. Lost in these troubling thoughts, his restless steps formed a visible imprint in the sand.

Suddenly, a figure emerged from the humble tent, disrupting the rhythmic pattern Jack had unintentionally crafted.

Tia Dalma emerged gracefully from the tent, her presence accompanied by the hushed murmur of Mama Amara in quiet conversation. As her eyes fell upon Jack, she paused, a knowing smile gracing her lips. "She will be okay. Just needs some rest," she assured, the words carrying a soothing reassurance that washed over Jack, who reciprocated with a grateful nod.