[Unfolding the Past]

XXV

.XXV.

Waking up next to her soulmate was a feeling Ayla could never get used to. Trough her hardships in life she never had the chance of indulging in someones comfort.

She had people who cared for her, such as her older brothers Damon and Stefan and she had a few close friends, such as Lauren who she discovered to be a witch after being turned. For a while, she had also thought that Katherine was someone she would consider as a friend, but turns out that Katherine Pierce does not care for anybody else besides herself.

So in hindsight, Ayla really did not have a huge social circle and that was okay.

Since meeting Jeremy, she felt like her whole life took a turn. Suddenly she wasn't someone insignificant that people occasionally spent time with out of duty. She wasn't just a little sister you could brush off anymore. She actually felt like she had found the person who she belonged with.

She was wanted. Because Jeremy wasn't as strong as her, he needed her. Ayla, for the first time in her life felt not only needed, but loved too. Jeremy loved her, so much. And even though he is still young and not much experienced, he never shies away from telling her about his feelings.

Jeremy gave Ayla purpose and she could never be more grateful to him. Ayla loved Jeremy so much that sometimes she just wishes to grab him by the hand and run away together so that they can live together for the rest of their lives away from all the drama.

But that was not possible. For one, Jeremy still had to finish high school and would never leave Jenna alone, and secondly Ayla didn't think she could leave her brothers either, no matter how stupid they act sometimes (always).

Anyways, back to the present, where Ayla is realizing how all of the things she feels for Jeremy, she feels for Kai too. And they've only just met.

As her eyes flutter open, from her well needed nap, she blinks up at mesmerizing blue eyes. She stares right into them, adoration and fascination dripping from her own, feeling all consumed and a warmth surrounding her, making her feel all fuzzy inside. To be honest she is a sucker for blue eyes, don't let Jeremy know.

Kai is taken aback at the look in Ayla's eyes. Not quite able to understand feelings, he has no clue what that look means, but somehow he never wants her to look at him any other way.

"You're beautiful" she whispers. Kai's eyes widen and his mouth hangs agape for just a second before he snaps out of it and regains his sarcastic personality "I should have been more careful with that vervain. All the drugs are getting to your head, cutie pie." he smirks.

Ayla only rolls her eyes, though the matching smirk on her face shows that she doesn't mind his reaction. "Oh yea, i think you're right. I should stop saying nonsense." Kai huffed at that "please, we both know I'm the most handsome man you'll find in here"
she snickered at that, her eyes crinkling at the corners as Kai internally marveled at her cuteness. "you're the only man I'll be able to find around here."