18. Darkness Falls

Passion's POV: Tommy & I were set to get married in April of 1989. My graduation was weeks away. It was Thanksgiving of 1988, I was now 4 months pregnant, we find out that we were having a little girl. I was so excited. Tommy wanted a boy, but I told him we could always try again in the near future. Tia decided to keep her baby, she's having a little boy. She left her husband, and she was now happy and I was happy for her.

Judy and I became really close, she is such a sweet person. She now apart of a little clic, I call them "My girls". We had a big Thanksgiving dinner out our house, it was really fun. Tommy got assigned to a gang related case, he didn't like it but it was his job. I finally met Booker he's really cool and I like him but he is a thorn in Tommy's side.

Tommy, Judy, and Harry was working on this gang related case, it was really getting to all of them because there was minors using illegal weapons and doing drugs. Tommy was really stressed about this case. He is so sexy now, his hair is longer and he's getting a mustache, and goatee. He also works out, so he's a little buff. The baby has me gaining weight, I feel big. Tommy says that he loves every inch of me, I just laugh when he says that.

One day we were sitting in the living room watching tv, playing around, snuggled on the couch. Then we made out for while. I loved that we had a very affectionate relationship, we were very touchy, feely. He was joking around he always made me laugh, that was a plus.

Just then the phone rang. We were kissing.

Me:babe get the phone.

He kept kissing me, I laughed.

Me: babe the phone.

Tommy: I'm kissing here.

Me: the phone get the phone.

He rolled his eyes playfully and answered the phone.

Tommy: yes hello?

I noticed that his smiled turned into a frown really quick. He just stood there, then he dropped the phone. Something was wrong. I got up and walked over to him, he had tears in his eyes.

Me: baby, what's wrong?

Tommy: it's Harry, he was shot.

My heart dropped instantly. I started to cry.

Me: oh my God, is he going to be okay?

Tommy: they don't know yet but I gotta go to the hospital.

Me: well I'm coming with you.

We left and went to the hospital, we all sat around crying, waiting for some news. They finally told us that Harry was in a coma, and that waiting there wasn't going to help him. The Doctor told us to go home. We all just stood there in shock. Judy took it so hard, we all hugged her. She felt really bad because she was with him when it happened.

At home, Tommy was drinking, and drinking. I was really worried about him.

Me: baby don't you think you wanna slow down?

Tommy: nope.

He kept drinking.

Me: Tommy please

Tommy: woman, get off my back right now okay please!

I just looked at him, I went in the bedroom and cried. I knew he was hurt but drinking wasn't helping him or Harry. I just laid there, I eventually fell asleep.

Two hours later I woke up, looked at the clock and it was 11pm. I got up and went in the living room, and there was Tommy passed out on the couch, I woke him up. He looked at me.

Tommy: I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to yell earlier.

Me: it's okay I know you're hurting.

I hugged him.

Tommy: are you hungry?

Me: yes, I could eat.

We laughed.

Tommy made us some chicken and waffles. He was a little tipsy, so I had to help him which I didn't mind, I loved doing things with him. We sat down to eat, Tommy was just staring , playing with his food.

Me: baby you really should eat something

Tommy: I'm trying pash, I'm just worried about Harry, I hope he pulls through. He broke down.

I walked over too him and held him tight.

Me: baby it's okay, Harry is going to be fine, we gotta have faith.

Tommy: you're right.

He kissed me and then started to eat. I smiled. I did the dishes and then we laid down together. Tommy held me tight and rubbed the baby.

Tommy: I love you honey, I can't wait untill we're married.

Me: I love you too, I can't wait either.

Weeks went by and still no update on Harry. We just kept the faith. Tommy was away alot working on the gang related case. Fuller had him living in a small house, not to far from where we lived. I missed him so much, me and Peebles spent a lot of nights alone, of course he would call but it wasn't the same. Sometimes I would cry because I felt alone, I was so emotional because of the baby.

One night he called me, and I had been crying.

Me: hello

Tommy: hi honey, it's me.

Me: hi baby, how's it going?

Tommy: it's going. How are you feelin?

Me: I'm ok. I cried silently.

Tommy: baby what's wrong?

Me: nothing I'm fine.

Tommy: Chante?

I cried.

Tommy: babe, I'm coming home now.

Me: no baby, you're on a case, I don't want you to get in Trouble with Fuller.

Tommy: baby fuck the case, you're my future wife, and you're carrying my baby, you come before this job.

Me: I'll be okay, I'm fine.

Tommy: why are you crying pash and don't lie to me.

Me: I just feel alone, I really miss you, so does Peebles she stares at the door hoping that you will walk through it, I'm just emotional because of the baby, don't mind me.

Tommy: baby I miss you too, I hate this shit I really do, I'm coming home.

Me: no Tommy don't..I'll be okay.

We talked for a while, I fell asleep on the phone. A hour later, I turned over and I felt someone laying next to me, I jumped up and turned on the light, it was Tommy. He looked at me and smiled. I cried, hugged him and kissed him.

Tommy: hi baby

Me: you came home anyways, Tommy you're going to get in trouble with Fuller.

Tommy: shh you let me worry about Fuller. Come here.

I laid on his chest, he stroked my hair.

Tommy: Chante I will always put you and our baby first, you needed me, so I came. You are my world, I love you. All you have to do is call and I'm going to come running.

Me: I love you Tommy

Tommy: I love you too honey.

We made love, it was so wonderful. Afterwards we laid there talking and laughing. I had no idea that this would be the last time that I saw him for a while, things were about to get really bad.