Never

SKY POV

BZZT!BZZT!

My alarm sounded, and it was time to get ready for school. Sitting up, I rubbed the tiredness from my eyes as I thought about the events from last night. From Johnny's being hurt to us almost kissing. What was that about? I can gather a few things from the events, such as that he is not going to Texas. So what did that mean for us and our 'friendship'? Have you ever felt like your feelings towards someone never really fade away? Well, that's precisely the case with me. I can't deny that my feelings towards him are still there. His sudden presence here would require quite an adjustment.

Walking into the hallway, the restroom door opens before I grab the handle. As soon as it was opened, a cloud of steam filled the room, and out popped Johnny, shirtless and looking like he had just emerged from a sauna. I could feel my face getting hot as his abs and wet body came into view...was that a PRINT?! A towel has never looked better.

"Like what you see, huh?" Johnny said, pulling my eyes upward to meet his. They had that signature smirk he always wore around me. I could feel my face getting hotter by the minute. So, I'd do the only thing a horned-up teen would do...I squealed and retreated to my room. After a few moments and hearing the guest bedroom shut down, I ran back and started getting ready. How embarrassing was that? You'd think I'd be able to control myself.

Once I was finished, I went downstairs to see him and my parents eating breakfast at the table. Making eye contact, he winked at me, and the blush was coming back.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Mom said to me, and I'm super grateful for the distraction.

"Morning, Mom, so what's with the spread?" The tray was a breakfast feast, with options from classic scrambled eggs to indulgent chicken and waffles. It was enough to make anyone's taste buds dance with excitement!

"Well, we have a guest, and I never get to cook big breakfasts that often, seeing as me and your father are always away on business trips." That's right. I also can't remember the last time she had made me breakfast. My parents were not neglectful in any way, but they had built their careers since I was a baby. I always felt like they were there for the most important stuff, like when I came out to them or had my first boyfriend.

Sitting at the table, I began fixing my plate with food items. Once we started eating, the room filled with conversations about how everyone slept and the basic stuff everyone asks at breakfast. But my time of peace was interrupted by a hand on my thigh. Looking down, I saw Johnny's big, mighty hand over it. Before I could even process or, better yet, protest, Johnny spoke up...

"This food is fantastic, Mrs.M!" He smiled at her sincerely, but I could see the evil smirk underneath his face.

"Of course, Johnny. I'm so glad you like my cooking!" Mom was, of course, eating the compliments right up. His hand began moving up and down in slow motion against my thigh, making me stiffen in more ways than one.

"These pancakes are so crazy soft!" Johnny exclaimed as he paused to squeeze me a bit underneath the table.

DING!

The doorbell rang, and I was saved from any further suggestive actions.

"I'll get it!" I screamed, jetting out of my seat to run to the door. It was Ashleigh, best friend of the freaking year!

"Hey, bottom boy! Ready to bend over and get this school day started!?" she screamed in front of the doorway. Never mind... she is not my savior. SHES DOOM!

My Dad cleared his throat before I could tell her my parents were there. "Eh, EHM!" Her eyes widened as I hid my face in my hands. I could hear Johnny holding in his laugh from over here.

"Well, good morning to you too, Ash. What brings you here on this fine morning?" Now, it was Ash's turn to be embarrassed.

"Mr. and Mrs. Micheals, good morning; so sorry for my loud, rude, and hopefully forgetful outburst," She said with gritted teeth and cringed fists at her side. Though speaking was the last thing she wanted to do, she explained further.

"I'm actually here to give Sky a ride to school!"

"Well, that's great! We have to head to the office soon, so why don't you both get a ride from Ashleigh?" Ash's eyebrow went up in confusion, and she turned to me and whispered.

"Both?" Before any explanation could be given, Johnny got up from his seat and walked over to the door. To say she was shocked is the best explanation I could give. Maybe she was flabbergasted? I've never seen her eyes pop out of her skull so much.

"Johnny is staying with us for a while, so it won't be a problem, right?" Dad raised his eyebrow in question, and to put the embarrassment cherry on top, he continued.

"Unless you guys are too busy bending over at school?" Everyone was red in the face, including Mom, who I assume was trying to act as though she had never heard Ash's sexual innuendo just minutes prior.

JASON POV

The car was a bit awkward, but leave to...Ash? That's her name, and we've only met once at the party. Ash decides to hammer out the questions two minutes into the drive.

"So not only are you guys talking to each other, but you're living together?!" Ash scolded Sky about not giving her the information as it was happening, but you can't blame Sky. It was indeed a lot. I still had to contact my brother about everything that happened. He was there that night because he was driving back to campus upstate.

I'm positive that if he had been there, it wouldn't have spiraled into what it had become. He was always the peacemaker and kept everyone level-headed, including my Dad. My Dad had a soft spot for him because he was his firstborn and resembled our Mom so much.

"So you guys are together now?" A longer pause followed, and it was louder than when she was talking before. We were still friends, but with my Dad out of the way, the possibility of us being together was easier to accomplish than before...It would have been ten times easier if he remembered me. Even last night, I thought I saw him almost accessing the past in his brain.

"No, were not." I sounded off from the backseat.I would have stayed silent, but I knew he was struggling too.

Once we arrived and parked, only five seconds flew by before Alec came and swooped Sky in his arms. I forgot about him...

SKYS POV

I forgot about him... I hadn't texted him after our date, and when Johnny was around, I didn't even think of him. Was that bad? Maybe it's a sign.

"Hey, cutie, did not get my texts last night?" Alec smiled at me so big that I couldn't help but smile back.

"I'm sorry. There was a bit of an emergency." Alec's smile turned to worry and concern. He looked behind me, and I saw something flash across his features. Before saying anything else, he kissed my forehead.

"How about you tell me all about it as I walk you to class?" Before I could say bye to Ash and Johnny, Alec was already guiding me away from the school.

JOHNATHAN POV

I watched as Alec made eye contact with me after hugging Sky. The glare he gave me was subtle but enough for me to notice. While maintaining eye contact, he kissed Sky's forehead. Was he marking his territory?! I had never been more tempted to bash someone's face at that moment. Sky was mine, and I would do whatever it took to mend and fix our relationship. I'm determined to make him remember, because life is precious and we can't afford to lose each other again. I'll do whatever it takes to keep our memories alive and our bond strong.