Ten

⚠️

"Yo, Topper's on the roof." A boy said causing me to look up and see Sarah joining him with surprise covering her features.

They cheered on the crowd encouraging them to jump. Topper then grabbed Sarah and I could see the fear on her face as they made it closer to the edge soon jumping.

"Can you believe this girl right here?" Topper shouted at the crowd as they cheered. "The coolest chick in the OBX!"

I went into the house and sat at the bar stools. Now would be a good time to leave but they have dirt on JJ from the boneyard.

I wouldn't doubt that Rafe and Topper are waiting for the opportunity to report the gun.

"Yo, Rafe!" A boy shouted then a girl. I stood to my feet about to go back outside but then a pair of arms crept around my waist.

"I just got here and you're already trying to go?" He mumbled. While not removing his grip on me he pulled a girl to the side.

"Hey, if you guys got any cash head downstairs, all right?" She nodded and went back to her friend group telling them. "Yo, Rafe. Where have you been?"

Kelce dapped him up and eyed me. "I got some yayo. Spread the word." He said avoiding his questioning eyes.

I removed his hand only for him to pull me tighter to him. "Who let you out of the house?" He asked into my ear scanning the people going downstairs.

He squeezed me tighter making me wince. "I would hate for the police to get word of the gun incident wouldn't you?"

"Sarah," I mumbled. He looked around for her not seeing her he pulled my wrist taking me downstairs with him.

"Sit." He ordered pushing me into a chair. He sat on a round couch where people began piling in.

"You got 60? 40." He counted the cash. "You know, 40 isn't enough for the amount of coke you've been doing tonight, but I'll let it slide this time." He told the girl laying the cash on the table.

"Top! Hey! Top!" Rafe shouted aloud to him as he entered the room. "Hey everybody. This is Top, all right?"

"I call him the Sheed God. He goes Conan on overheads, right?" Rafe ranted as he entertained the crowd. "Where were you last year?"

"You were, like, top ten" He added. "Last year, uh, seventh in Nationals..."

He pushed Topper in his original seat. "Take a seat. Sit down." Topper gave in and took the seat.

"You want a bump?" The girl asked him. "It tastes like bananas," Kelce said with a smile.

"If you don't hit it, then I will." The girl said. "It's true man. She's been pulling, like, I don't know half a gram tonight?" He looked at her and then shot me a glance.

"Matter of fact. Sage! Come here." Rafe shouted over to me. I was about to shake my head but he was already walking up to me pulling to sit on his leg.

He made an almost perfect line with his card and my heart dropped. I had never done this before and wasn't planning on it.

"...Rafe I'm good..." I said shaking my head. He smiled at the crowd and leaned to my ear. "A deal is a deal." He threatened with a smile.

The deal in question was that I did as he said and the secret about the Boneyard.

To others, it may have looked as if everything was going fine but in reality, I knew how this would affect me in the long run.

My hands slightly shook and a lone tear ran down my face. He shot me a warning look handing me a rolled-up dollar.

I stared at the snow-white cocaine as it was now at my eye level. I closed my eyes and snorted the line.

The last thing I remember hearing was the crowd cheering loudly and Rafe wiping away stray tear.

I saw him gathering another line. "Rafe I don't-" I let out in a mere whisper. He sent me a warning look, a smile disguising it.

"Payback doesn't feel so good, does it? Especially when you're this weak and vulnerable." I snorted the line.

Then everything was black. An euphoric sensation filling my body. I wanted to stop but I wanted more.