Chapter Seven

This one is definitely a bit shorter than I planned for it to be but I've been a little busy and I feel like it's been way too long since I've published anything. Been having a few issues mentally but WE'RE HERE AND WE'RE BREATHING. If there are any errors that I didn't catch, I'm sorry but I was half asleep while rereading this (per usual) and I only stayed up so late because I REALLY wanted to publish for y'all☝🏽. Hope you enjoy this BS while I write something actually worth publishing (and far longer than this) 😭

 Hope you enjoy this BS while I write something actually worth publishing (and far longer than this) 😭

It was six days before Katherine let Niklaus be completely alone. On the third day, he began to realize how insanely clingy his friends had suddenly become and he found it difficult to not tire of them. Well, all except one, of course.

"Nik, you need to shave, I know Camille does not want to kiss that weird stubble that you keep letting grow out when she comes back from Florida."

"Katerina Petrova, who keeps letting you into my house?! Yesterday it was Stefan and Caroline, now it's you for the sixth time in a row. Just go, please!", he complained from his bed, lying on his side. Katherine strolled through his room door that he'd refused to open but forgot was unlocked, thinking it was one of his siblings coming to disrupt him as he was sulking and going through intense withdrawals. Turns out, it was much worse than that. It was his worst nightmare: his stubborn brunette friend who had no intention of letting up on him.

He wore a white short sleeve shirt with grey sweatpants and white socks. He hadn't been expecting the gift that is Katherine's presence that day. In complete honesty, he figured they'd leave him alone now that he was doing a little better. It would've been his clear way back to drugs. "Wow, the government name. Someone's rattled.", she said amusedly. "It's Katherine, dipshit, and don't worry. Soon enough, you'll be wishing it was just me. I've invited everyone over. And before you say anything about it just being me, Elena is downstairs making coffee right now as we speak and don't think you're getting any."

Niklaus had stayed completely sober for those six days, often forgetting and then realizing again that his older brother, Finn, had taken the pills from his medicine cabinet and thoroughly searched his entire room for more, looking to prevent him from using. He'd adopted many symptoms of withdrawal, from the excessive sweating, nausea, insomnia, all the way to immense fatigue and paranoia (which was weirdly only in effect during the night).

The group had been taking turns coming to see him after school, but Elijah and Finn were taking care of him full time. Stefan would bring his work to them, making sure he wouldn't miss out on it, though he still never wanted to go inside to see him in such a poor condition so he'd leave immediately. At this rate, Niklaus was in danger of having to repeat his senior year or take summer school.