chapter 2.

"Where have you been?" my mother's voice barked angrily (woof woof).

"Relax, I was just out going on a walk. I didn't go too far," I said.

"Well, you've got some explaining to do," she glared at me.

"What?" I was confused. Please tell me I won't get whack-a-moled out of this. Some days I wish my mother could snort so much cocoa she becomes autistic. Even better, she becomes anemic. No, she should get amnesia instead. But then I would have to hit her on the head with something. Hard. So then maybe not.

"There are 3149 envelopes that got sent here earlier. ALL addressed to you, by the way," she grumbled the last part.

"Oh, sorry," I winced. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten the envelope.

"You better be sorry. Now get your envelopes and leave before I forcefully kick you out. I have some TV shows to catch up on."

Quietly, I gathered all the envelopes and ran to my room (a shabby room, if you ask me). Groaning,  I tear open the envelopes. They were all the same letter, written in the same handwriting, and all signed by the same person. Minerva McGonagall in the impossibly loopy handwriting that people call "cursive". 

So, I am a wizard. I don't believe it myself. I don't know if wizards are supposed to have the worst parents (and the worst luck) but here I am, despite it all. 

Well, why not give it a try? I could spare a few crazy glances if I went around house to house asking if any of them knew how to get to Hogwarts. Surely there had to be somebody, right? Determined, I got up and started shoving things into a bag. My phone, a charger, an old wrinkly notebook, a pencil, and an extra jacket. This should be enough for a day. For now, I should go to sleep and rest. I'll need it for tomorrow.

...

I got an comfortable as I could in my bed, and slowly fell asleep. Before falling asleep, I begged the luck gods.

Please please please please please please please please PLEASE. Let there be SOMONE who knows how to get to Hogwarts. I'll sell what's left of my remaining sanity if I have to. If not, I'll hunt down your entire family, burn your house, steal your money, and watch as I burn you alive.

With love, of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Should I kill off people in my story to make it interesting?"

"Well, what type of story is it?"

"An autobiography."