𝟎𝟏

𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗫
𝟬𝟭

"Are you sure you want me to stay here

"Are you sure you want me to stay here...?" You tilted your head to the side as you stared at the building in front of you. "I can't take legal guardian yet, so you'll have to live here for now." Fukuzawa, whose form was beside the yours, replied.

"Are you like... REALLY sure? I can take care of myself y'know?"

"You can't live off of snacks and candy alone, (F/N). Plus you were living at an orphanage before, weren't you? You'll be fine." You pouted. The man ruffled your (H/C) hair and smiled. "It won't be bad. When you get adopted, you'll have a better place live. If you don't, I'll come pick you up, got it?" Fukuzawa knocked on the orphanage's door and stood back. "But I don't like this place. Isn't there another orphanage around?" You asked him while waiting for someone to answer the door.

"This is the nearest orphanage to my workplace, unless you want to go through the struggle of train station navigation, I believe I can find another orphanage for you." You shivered at the thought. "Never mind, I think I'll be fine here."

You stood still as the door opened to reveal a inebriated, middle aged man standing behind it. "You looking to adopt?" The man slurred. "No, actually. I wanted to leave her here with you..." Fukuzawa gestured to you as the orphanage owner glanced at you.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." You whispered to Fukuzawa. "Me as well, don't worry, I'll be pick you up sooner or later." He whispered back as he pushed you towards the orphanage owner.

"Sir, please take care of her. She happens to get herself into trouble often." Fukuzawa turned towards you. "Okay then, I'll be off." Just as he was about to turn, you shouted out. "You better call me when there's a case to solve!"
"I will." He turned and walked out of the orphanage courtyard.

"What's you name kid?" The orphanage owner inquired. "(F/N) (L/N)" You stood at a reasonable distance from him. "The teenagers stay on the third floor. That's where you'll be living from now on." Your smile twisted into a frown. You clearly did not want to be here.

 You clearly did not want to be here