Chapter 5 - New World Order

The group walked along the gateway to the facility, passing through the crowds of reporters and peers waiting outside. The young champion, performer, and up and coming researcher all looked around in awe. Serena particularly was flabbergasted by the large stone-built facility that stood in the city. It was very sleek in its design, with the south end of the building arching forward, and was illuminated by bright blue lights in the night. On the side of the facility was a large red and white lit Pokeball symbol.

Vermillion City was one of the Kanto Region's most famous tourist destinations with its large but beautiful beach on the southwest edge of town. It was home to many iconic locations in the whole region, rivaling even Celadon City, from the long beach to its gym being led by former army lt. surge and his powerful partner Raichu. It had also been the home of the newly built Lugia Stadium. But today wasn't a day to watch Pokemon battles, today was to welcome the new research lab, and hopefully get some answers to Ash' newfound abilities.

Bright blue and green lights greeted their eyes, as the group walked from the lobby to the main laboratory. And once inside, they stood at the front of the room with a large crowd of scientists and reporters following suit. Two people that caught some eyes in particular were Unova Senator Robert Kelly, and Bollevar Trask, the former of which made the kalosian performer arch an eyebrow.

However, they couldn't glance at the man too long, as within a few minutes, the lights dimmed, and a man stepped forward on the podium.

"Welcome," The man gave a nice wholesome smile. "I'm Professor Cerise. Ever since I was little, I've always wondered something: how did our world come to be?"

The audience all gazed toward the professor as he continued his speech. Another professor soon stepped forward and stood on the podium with his colleague. He was a bit younger than Cerise, but the wrickles in his eyes said he was much more invested in their research. However, it didn't need to be said as to possibly why, as his right coat arm was folded up.

"It's because of this question that led us to research," he stated. "We've co-existed with Pokemon for generations, and worked together as friends, partners, but... why? How did we humans accept these creatures with abilities far beyond our own, and forge such special bonds with them?"

Cerise smiled and opened his mouth again.

At that moment however, Ash felt that strange tingling sensation again, only this time, it was much more powerful than before. His entire body tingled, his vision blurred, as if time itself became still. He glanced around, and his vision gazed upon the silhouette of a young man on the roof running from something.

"No witnesses," was all that could be heard for a moment.

As if his instincts took over again, the young champion charged head on into Serena, when a large light flashed in the room.

In a short flash, was followed by a large cloud of smoke and fire in the laboratory. In mere seconds, windows shattered as the walls were forced from their resting spots. Within seconds, there was no base, and the Pokémon center began to collapse on itself. On the outside, citizens watched in horror as a large blast of fire spewed out of the roof and spewed out of the windows. A large smoke cloud could be seen for blocks, maybe even a mile. The explosion sent a large shockwave for three blocks, sending many people and Pokémon to the ground. Many were shocked, their eyes wide and mouths being covered by their hands or on the floor. The blast was deafening, and some people ran out, on fire. They dropped and rolled, while others were on the ground, their flesh being seared by the flames.

"HELP!" A young boy screamed, reaching out for a civilian. "I'M ON FIRE! I'M ON FIRE!"

And a few short moments later, civilians saw another blast a few blocks away. This time however, the blast was much bigger.