Chapter 3

Four weeks after US Marine Private Norrie Vastano's discovery, the US Government decided to call every eligible men and women for military service as part of a nationwide mobilization of American nationals. And the revelation of the discovery triggered a strenghthened response from the US and its allies worldwide while Russia, Iran, China and their allies prepared for an all-out war against the Western Coalition.

The West and its allies also prepared an all-out war by mobilizing men and women alike, since this war would be fought on a never-seen-before worldwide scale. And the US was one of the best prepared countries, since President Biden and his advisors had already prepared America's economy and society for war. But the increasing aggressions of Russia, Iran, China and North Korea and their support of extremism worldwide had prompted a domestic response involving deporting those harboring and those promoting extremist ideologies to the four aforementioned countries before ordering the whole US Military to switch readiness level to DEFCON 1.

This meant everyone was to be ready for war and that the US Military was to be operational at a moment's notice. This also meant readiness level was at an all time high, since no US President had ever ordered the military to raise readiness level to DEFCON 1 for fear of triggering a devastating world war. But this one was started with Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine on February 24th 2022, during which President Volodymyr Zelensky proved to be a brave and determined man, going as far as saying he needed weapons and ammunition instead of a ride when the US offered him to be evacuated to Poland. But one year later, Russia, Iran and China were getting more and more threatening, prompting the US to mobilize everyone who was eligible for military service as well as campaigning to hire millions of workers.

And now, the whole US Military was getting ready in case things escalated into an all out global conflict. Which meant all of the Americans who had been mobilized as military personel, be they men or women, were joined by millions more who were now working as part of the American military-industrial complex in factories and behind computers operating 3D printers producing parts for military vehicles, ships and airframes as well as miniature drones and quadcopters for some of these workers, be they men or women. Other workers were in Alaskan oil fields or in the Gulf of Mexico drilling for oil so that the US Military could have enough gasoline to sustain years of continuous fighting. And the final group of workers was those who were mining for rare-earth metals to produce microchips, which were paramount in producing the high-precision ammunition the US Military was to use and stockpile in case of massive-scale conflict.

Meanwhile, in Moldova, US Army Bradley gunner Anna Hunter was at her station waiting for targets when she spotted white spots on her targeting screen. She then correctly identified them as Russia-backed Transnistrian forces. The young American then heard her commander through her vehicle crew helmet.

"Multiple targets in sight. Got eight T-64s and eight BMPs loaded with infantry." The Bradley vehicle commander said.

"Got it. Raising the TOW." Maddie confirmed.

She then pushed a button, raising a TOW missile launcher while the commander saw the other M3A4 Bradley vehicle raise theirs to fight against this group of enemy armored vehicles. Anna knew that Russian-made vehicles were very vulnerable on their top and sides while their front was heavily armored. But she also knew she had to aim for the bottom of the turret to destroy those Russian-made tanks before pouring fire with her M242 Bushmaster cannon onto the BMPs.

Suddenly, the commander's voice echoed through the Bradley CFV. Anna heard it very well since she was seated next to the commander.

"Target T-64BV ahead. TOW, fire." He yelled.

"On the way." Anna replied before pulling the trigger.

Anna saw one of her TOW missile fly off its launch tube as she aimed for the bottom of the turret on the lead T-64BV. The missile kept following the wire before hitting the tank at its weak spot, ripping the T-64BV apart and ejecting its turret. Anna soon slightly rotated the turret of her Bradley and spotted another Transnistrian T-64BV tank. She therefore fired her second TOW missile and steared it until it hit the target with devastating effects. Anna then saw the other Bradley firing their TOW missiles, destroying the six remaining Transnistrian T-64BVs. Maddie then switched to her M242 Bushmaster autocannon while the infantry in the back of her Bradley reloaded the TOW launcher.