Chapter 5

After a whole month of fighting, Ukraine, Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua were now free from any Russian or Chinese presence. These countries were now under Democratic Forces' controle, meaning pro-Russian and pro-Chinese propaganda was now curtailed by the opposition revealing the truth about the communist regimes' crimes against the peasants and workers, thus turning the populace against said leaders and their most fanatical supporters.

This success prompted the US to focus on its next targets, which happened to be Iran and China before finally finishing the war with putting Russia out of action once and for all. But first, US forces needed to defend their positions in the Middle East and Asia before conquering Iran and China, which would allow the American military to push north towards the Caucasus and Siberia respectively. Invading China would also allow US forces to get a foothold towards Central Asia and invade Russia from all directions. But first, securing an Asian foothold was paramount. And securing the Asian foothold meant securing Africa and the Spratley & Paracel islands first before proceeding with the plan.

The US needed to secure Africa for many reasons. Chief among them was the presence of natural ressources that would allow the US to keep their war effort working. Another reason was to cut Russia and China away from any oil, gold and uranium supply and accelerate their collapse. The third reason was to get a foothold towards the Middle East, which in turn gave a foothold towards a rendezvous point between US forces coming from China. And finally, this would give America a chance of good PR around the world.

And it was in this context that the US redeployed Latin America-involved troops to Europe, leaving the former continent to become a huge US Military staging area as well as helping the local resistance fighters form a new and strong civilian government in the newly-aligned countries.

Needless to say, Flint Murdoch, Courtney Williams and hundreds of thousands of other US troops were among those involved into this gigantic operation. Courtney and other US special operations units were once again paradropped into hostile territory to help coordinate the different resistance movements and help them seize key objectives while Flint and other conventional US forces were to take as much ground as possible.

Above the Algerian desert, Flint was inside a C-130J cargo plane alongside many other paratroopers when the red light was turned on. Flint and the others stood up and hooked their static line before the jumpmasters opened the doors. Seconds later, the green light was on for the USAF jumpmasters to time the jump so that the US paratroopers would all land in the designated drop zone alongside their equipment.

"Go! Go! Go!" Both jumpmasters yelled at the same time.

The Colonel was the first to jump, quickly followed by other paratroopers. Flint then ran for the door before jumping. She felt the fresh wind before looking up and seeing her parachute opening. Flint then landed perfectly alongside other US paratroopers in the area that had been secured by US Green Berets.

Flint then took her M4A1 carbine and loaded a round in the barrel before switching the safety off. The American then joined her colleagues into heading for the airfield, which the Green Berets had reported as being quite well-defended. Looking through his binoculars, the US Army Colonel saw that the airfield was indeed well-guarded. He and the other paratroopers, alongside the Green Berets therefore decided to wait for dusk to attack.

After hours of waiting, Flint and the other American military personel slowly approached the airfield before arriving near the road close to the airfield. Once there, Flint patiently waited for the signal, which happened to the the simultaneous destruction of SAM sites across Algeria. The paratroopers saw the explosions through their night vision goggles and understood they had to hit now or risk being spotted.