˚ ༘ ౨ৎ⋆。˚ the family of gods

VASSEL

Vassel was at peace, for once. He missed interacting with Vremya, Raziel, and the others directly, but he could always indirectly interact with them- through the headpiece, telepathy, stuff like that.

He hummed to himself, his pen gracefully stroking the paper as he drew. He had decided to pursue art while he was away, as he grew bored and didn't really have much to do.

He was in his own world- that was, until his mother walked into the room. "..Vassel?" Vene's gentle voice echoed through the room, her mouth closing once their eyes met. "What're you doing?" She spoke, in a hushed voice now, as if she was surprised.

"Just drawing." He spun his chair around so that his body faced her entirely. He towered over his mother, height and power wise, so he made sure not to accidentally offend her by standing. The chair was quite comfy, anyhow, resulting in him staying seated. "Did you need anything, mother?"

She opened her mouth, but closed it quickly, thinking on what to say. She had many things she wanted to take up with Vassel, but didn't exactly know how to word them. She started off with the basic.. serious.. conversation starter- "We need to talk."

Vassel's soft smile was wiped off of his face, his brows furrowing in confusion. "..Sure, about what, though?" He waited patiently. He could tell his mother was conflicted, but didn't point it out. He was a bit nervous, as well as tense, thinking he was in trouble, but was doing a good job repressing those emotions.

"..I know I told you I wouldn't.." She took a quick moment to gasp for air, the strength of her words leaving her breathless. Her eyes lifted their gaze from Vassel and dropped it onto the floor. "..But.. I checked your place in my book."

Vassel froze. See, Vene- being the Goddess of Love- had a book where she could see anything love related when it came to literally anybody. She had promised Vassel she wouldn't check his, but after some rumors stirred up within the family, she was practically coerced into doing so.

Vassel buried his face in his hands, not wanting to hear her reasoning. He knew the lecture that was coming up, and he wanted so badly to tune it out, but knew that he couldn't.

"..A mortal." Venetrasse's voice sounded choked up, her gaze shifting back to Vassel- who was now the one being avoidant. "..We're Gods, our family.. we can't do that."

"You're going to have to work around it." Vassel stood, his hands fitting back to his sides. Vassel, himself, looked conflicted. He didn't know what to do- Hell, if he could control it, if he had control over the way his feelings worked, this probably wouldn't have happened.

"..Vassel!" She sounded almost offended. She huffed, her hand reaching to cover her heart as she looked up at the taller figure. She was shut down with a simple response- "No."

"Vassel, come on!" She spoke after seeing him pick up his bag and get moving down the stairs. She shifted into the hallway, looking down the stairs at Vassel- who had stopped just to turn and meet her gaze.

"You of all people should know that love isn't something that can be helped." He sounded shy as he spoke on this, but also confident, in a way. As if he were standing on his words, and wasn't going to give up on his point.

Venetrasse opened her mouth to respond, but once again, she was shut down. "There's nothing I can do! What, do you expect me to just.. change a mortal and make them a God? Just to fit in with this fuck-ass family I don't even want to be a part of?!" He raised his voice for the first time in a while, the pink halo above his head seeing itself gone.

She noticed this, and decided to silence herself, not trying to get into a full fledged fight with her one and only son. She let him leave without another word, frowning as she realized she couldn't win in that conversation.

"..This family's doomed.. we're done for.." She whined, clasping her hands together before folding her arms completely. She walked downstairs and slumped into her usual seat on the sofa, letting her arms fall beside her as she tried not to think on the matter.

However, for as long as it was even a thought in Vassel's mind, it'd stir up drama within the Family of Gods.

Shit, he was screwed. 

And the thing is, he was fine with it.